Fuel prices leaped another 15 cents today.
The price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline now stands at $3.58.
Mobil as usual was first out of the gate.
Shell and 76 were quick to follow Mobil’s lead by Saturday, as the they usually do.
This was the fourth straight 15-cent increase since May 7 and the 15th change in the price of gasoline since the start of the year.
Gas prices are rising on the mainland as well where demand has picked up now that some states are easing their coronavirus social distancing restrictions and more people are traveling.
However, the American Automobile Association reports that the price of a barrel of west Texas crude actually fell Thursday over concerns that we’re on the verge of a second wave of COVID-19 that will strangle demand again if restrictions are re-imposed.
The average price of a gallon of regular unleaded on the mainland is $2.08, according to Triple A.
2020 Price Changes:
*January 1: $4.15
- January 8: 10-cent increase to $4.25
- January 23: 10-cent decrease to $4.15
- February 3: 10-cent decrease to $4.05
- March 3: 10-cent decrease to $3.95
- March 10: 10-cent decrease to $3.85
- March 13: 15-cent decrease to $3.70
- March 25: 20-cent decrease to $3.50
- April 1: 20 cent decrease to $3.30
- April 9: 15 cent decrease to $3.15
- April 17: 10 cent decrease to $3.05
- April 24: 7 cent decrease to $2.98
- May 7: 15 cent increase to $3.13
- May 19: 15 cent increase to $3.28
- June 4: 15 cent increase to $3.43
- June 12 15 cent increase to $3.58