Guam – A 47 year old man was struck and later died after he was hit by a 1995 Honda Civic Sunday night on Ypao Road in Tamuning.
Guam Fire Spokesman Lt. Ed Artero reports that rescue units responded to a 911 call of an Auto/Pedestrian accident with Serious Injury at 8:37pm. The man was rushed to GMH.
GFD Spokesman Officer A.J. Balajadia says the man was later pronounced dead at 11:45pm. He is described as a Caucasian male. His identity has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
His death marks the 12th traffic fatality of the year on Guam.
A 25 year old man was driving the Honda. No arrest has been made said Officer Balajadia. Guam Highway Patrol is investigating.
This was the second Auto/Pedestrian accident in Tamuning this past weekend. A man crossing Marine Corps Drive at Denny’s was struck shortly before 2am Saturday.
GMH Nursing Supervisor Shirley Pineda says as of Monday morning he had “stabilized.”
READ the statements from Officer Balajadia below:
1. GUAM POLICE DEPARTMENT NEWS
TUMON HEIGHTS – Sunday, June 22, 2014, 8:31pm, officers responded to an Auto Pedestrian crash on Ypao Road by Maxi Mart, Tumon Heights.
The 25-year-old, male operator of a 1995 Honda Civic was traveling on Ypao road when he collided with the pedestrian.
The pedestrian was transported to GMH and pronounced dead at about 11:45pm. Guam Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
No arrest have been made.
2. A 47 Pedestrian’s name is not being released pending notification of family. Male/Caucasian/47 pronounced dead at 11:45pm
Guam Highway Patrol conducting investigation. No arrest have been made.
2014 Traffic Related Fatalities:
1. Saturday, January 18: A man was pronounced dead at Guam Memorial Hospital after an early this morning auto-pedestrian accident. Guam Fire Spokesman Lt. Ed Artero says medics responded to an Auto-Pedestrian accident with serious injuries at Harmon Loop Road. The 911 call was received at 1:36am. GMH Nursing Supervisory Marie Mafnas told PNC News that the male pedestrian victim was pronounced dead at 2:17am. The man’s identity has not been released.
2. Friday February 14: GMH Nursing Supervisor Bill Toves says the pedestrian victim of a hit and run driver died at GMH at 5:45 this afternoon. He is the second traffic fatality of the year on Guam. His identify has not yet been released. Earlier, Nursing Supervisor Cely Mangrobang said the pedestrian was on life support, in “very critical” condition. The man was hit by a vehicle on Route 1 near Ypaopao Estates in Dededo. GFD Spokesman Lt. Ed Artero says the 911 call came in at 6:08am. He said CPR was conducted on the man at the scene, and en-route to GMH.
3. Saturday, April 5th: 73 year old woman injured in auto accident in Tamuning in front of the old Blockbuster building. She passed away Thursday April 10th at 4:03am
Sunday, April 13th: 911 call received at 1:13pm reporting serious 2 car collision in Yigo on Route 15 near the Yigo Raceway. 4 dead. 1 injured. 1 dead at the scene. 2 taken to GMH, CPR en-route, both later pronounced dead. 1 taken to Naval Hospital, later pronounced dead. 1 person was pronounced dead at the scene.
4. Sunday, April 13th: … 64 year old Damiano Neth of Yigo pronounced dead at GMH at 2:15pm.
5. Sunday, April 13th: … 63 year old wife Markarita Neth pronounced dead at GMH at 2:07pm.
6. Sunday, April 13th: 10 year old grand daughter Mya Ann Neth
7. Sunday, April 13th: … Ruhney Hadley of Mangilao pronounced dead at Naval Hospital, later transported to GMH.
8. Tuesday April 15th: Auto/Pedestrian .. 1 John Doe pedestrian struck and killed by 2006 Nissan Frontier on Route 16 in Harmon. Accident reported to GPD at 12:06 am. Rt.16 by Seven Day Supermarket – Auto / Pedestrian, April 16, 2014 at about 12:00am (Wednesday Morning), ELIAS AUNA, m/Chuuk/35/Dededo
9. 47-year-old Daniel Santos of Dededo died at Guam Memorial Hospital this afternoon following a vehicle accident in Barrigada. GMH Nursing Supervisor Bill Toves says that the man was pronounced dead at 5:19pm. A 67 year old woman was also injured in the accident and she is in stable condition says Toves. Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Aurelio Espinola said Santos died from a crushed chest and abdomen.
10. Tuesday April 6th: 10:30pm, Route 15, Yigo, back road to Andersen. Single car accident. silver 1996 Honda Civic heading north on Route 15 when the driver lost control and ran into a ditch. Passenger in front right seat thrown from vehicle and killed. Medical Examiner Dr. Aurileo Espinola has identified the woman who was killed as 19 year old Annabelle Sibal. He performed an autopsy on her and concluded that she died from a broken neck and fractured ribs.
11. Tuesday June 10th: 1:54am 1 woman killed, 2 men and another woman injured following early morning traffic fatality. no id’s. details pending.
12. Sunday June 22: 8:37pm, Auto/Pedestrian accident. A 47 year old man was struck and later died after he was hit by a 1995 Honda Civic on Ypao Road in Tamuning.