In its fourth year in Guam, seven men united to fight breast cancer with the American Cancer Society through participation in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign, raising over $14,700. Throughout October, Real Men Wear Pink participants encouraged community members to take action in the fight against breast cancer. With the current executive order limiting gathering and the social distancing guidelines, the campaign will be wrapped up with a virtual celebration of their success on November 6, 2020 at 6PM via zoom.
“In addition to wearing pink and raising awareness about breast cancer, these men raised funds to help the American Cancer Society attack cancer from every angle and save more lives from breast cancer,” said Tina Noket, Senior Community Development Manager for the American Cancer Society. “Funds raised help us save lives from breast cancer through early detection and prevention, innovative breast cancer research, and patient support.”
Each Real Men Wear Pink participant accepts a fundraising challenge and will compete to be the top fundraiser among his peers by the end of the campaign. Additionally, each participant has committed to sharing breast cancer awareness throughout their network, wearing pink every day of the month.
“No one should have to face a breast cancer diagnosis alone,” said Joshua Paulino, “That’s why I joined the American Cancer Society in support of their lifesaving work by participating in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign. This is a cause I personally believe in, and I’m committed to raising awareness and funds for the American Cancer Society’s efforts.”
The 2020 Real Men Wear Pink candidates are:
- Joshua Paulino; Xerox Corporation; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/joshpaulino
- Glen Noket; Håfa Adai Specialist Group; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/gnoket
- Frankie Perez; Calvo’s Selectcare; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/frankieperez
- Andrew Perez; Office of the Attorney General of Guam; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/andrewtperez
- Joseph San Agustin; Department of Revenue and Taxation; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/joesanagustin
- Joseph Rios; South Pacific Petroleum Corporation; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/jrios
- Nathanael P. Sanchez; United Financial Services; http://main.acsevents.org/goto/natepsanchez
“Our community can make a huge impact in the breast cancer cause,” said Marisha Artero, Cancer Control Strategic Partnerships Manager for the American Cancer Society. “We are grateful to our Real Men Wear Pink participants for lending their voices to this cause and fighting for everyone affected by breast cancer.”
For more information about breast cancer or the Real Men Wear Pink campaign in Guam, call 671-482-9215 or visit the event website at http://realmenwearpinkacs.org/guamgu.
(News release from American Cancer Society)