This is the second bomb threat at Simon Sanchez High School this month.
Guam – GDOE Jon Fernandez confirmed another bomb threat at Simon Sanchez High School. Fernandez said on his Facebook and twitter page that GDOE has found another bomb threat written on the bathroom wall for Jan 21. Fernandez says that there will be protective measures at the high school including mesh/clear bags, sign in procedures at restrooms and more. He also says the campus will be cleared everyday at 3pm and all after school activities are cancelled. He says GDOE will be working with GPD and Homeland Security. Fernandez also adds that the first home basketball game will take place at another venue. READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE from Deputy Superintendent Chris Anderson:
The Guam Department of Education would like to inform its stakeholders that due to recent bomb threats at SSHS, the safety measures listed below are effective immediately and until further notice.
Sweeps will be conducted by school personnel both in the morning and afternoon.
- Only mesh or clear bags are allowed on campus. Any other bags brought to school will be confiscated, subject to search, and secured during the day. Students may pick them up after school.
- Restroom monitors will be posted and students will need to sign in and out if they wish to use the restroom
- Students found in the hallways without authorization to leave their classroom may be subject to disciplinary actions.
- All walkers will now enter through the walk-in gate by Gate 3 and car riders are to be dropped inside the gate through Gate 4.
- The Main Building and classrooms will be secured by . All car riders must be picked up by and students will not be allowed to loiter after school.
- The following APPROVED after school practices (ROTC, SPORTS, and Chant practices) shall be restricted to these areas. All other areas are OFF-LIMITS:
o ROTC practices are restricted to Cafeteria
o IIAAG sports- Athletic practices are restricted to these venue and their respective coaches will directly supervise the athletes: Basketball in the gym, Rugby at the far-end field by Nissho Terrace, Softball by Room 321, and Tennis by tennis courts.
o Chant Practice: Fridays only Room 314