Archbishop Michael Byrnes will reconsecrate our island to the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday, May 2, in line with the Catholic Church’s efforts in the United States and Canada.
The reconsecration will take place during 5 a.m. Mass on Saturday which will be broadcast from the Dulce Nombre de Maria Cathedral-Basilica on the aganacathedral.org website.
Following the Mass, the historic statue of Santa Marian Kamalen will travel through island villages and pass all of Guam’s Catholic churches.
It will be the first time the image will be taken down from its niche at the Cathedral-Basilica for other than the annual celebration of the feast of the Immaculate Conception every Dec. 8.
Archbishop Byrnes asks all faithful to remain united in prayer and to look to the model of deep faith and devotion to our Savior, Jesus Christ that our loving patroness and Blessed Mother presents to us.
The faithful are encouraged to stand outside their respective homes in prayer or even by the roadsides and where applicable, wave should they see the passing vehicle carrying the statue of Santa Marian Kamalen. Everyone is kindly asked to strictly adhere to safety protocols related to COVID-19 and keep distances of at least six feet from one another.
The reconsecration will be done in unity with the Catholic Church in the United States which will reconsecrate itself to Mother Mary in response to the COVID-19 pandemic which has afflicted the U.S. and many parts of the world.
Archbishop Jose Gomez, president of the U.S. bishops’ conference, invited all U.S. bishops to join him on May 1 (May 2 for Guam due to the time difference) in reconsecrating the U.S. to the Blessed Virgin Mary amid the difficulties of the global pandemic.
The consecration of Guam and the U.S. will take place at the same time the bishops of Canada will consecrate their country to our Blessed Mother.
In a letter to U.S. bishops, Archbishop Gomez, the Archbishop of Los Angeles, said, “Every year, the Church seeks the special intercession of the Mother of God during the month of May. This year, we seek the assistance of Our Lady all the more earnestly as we face together the effects of the global pandemic.”
Italy’s bishops said they would also be consecrating their country to Mother Mary.
Schedule and Route for Santa Marian Kamalen’s Parish Visitation
Saturday May 2
Agaña: Dulce Nombre De Maria Cathedral-Basilica – 5AM
– Holy Mass in Honor of Santa Marian Kamalen and Consecration of Guam and
Marianas Islands to the Blessed Mother.
- Dulce Nombre de Maria Facebook live and livestream on aganacathedral.org.
Toto: Immaculate Heart of Mary – 8AM
From Agana Cathedral to Purple Heart Hwy (Route 8); Kanada Toto Loop
Road; Aragon Street; Immaculate Heart of Mary Church; Sgt Roy T.
Mongmong: Nuestra Senora de las Aguas – 8:10AM
- Sgt Roy T Damian Street (Route 33); Chalan Kanton Tasi (Route 4); Chalan
Canton Tutujan (Route 24); Pale Kieran Hickey Dr. (Route 24A); Bienvenida Ave; St. Jude Thaddeus Church.
Sinajana: St Jude Thaddeus – 8:25AM
– Bienvenida Ave; E Chalan Guma Yuus, Calle Angel Flores Street, Chalan
Macajna, Joseph Cruz Ave; Chalan Guma Yuus W; Our Lady of the Blessed
Agana Heights: Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament – 8:35AM
– Chalan Guma Yuus W; Fonte Road; Maria Candelaria Road; Our Lady of
Maina: Our Lady of Purification – 8:45AM
– Maria Candelaria Road.; Spruance Dr. (Route 6), Governor’s Office
Adelupe Circle – 8:55AM
– Around the Circle; Marine Corps Drive; Chalan San Antonio; St Antony – St
Tamuning: St Anthony – 9:05AM
– Farenholt Ave (Route 30A); Gov Carlos Camacho Road; GMH
GMH – 9:15AM
– Duenas Drive (Between GMH and Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness);
Pale San Vitores Road.; Blessed Diego De San Vitores Church.
Tumon: Blessed Diego De San Vitores Church – 9:25AM
– Pale San Vitores Road.; N Marine Corps Drive (Route 1); Route 3; GRMC
GRMC – 9:35AM
– West Marine Corps Drive North (W Route 1); Iglesia Circle.
Dededo: Santa Barbara Church – 9:45AM
– Iglesia Circle; West Santa Barbara Avenue; Y Sengsong Road (Route 28); Divine Mercy – St John Paul Shrine.
Astumbo: Divine Mercy – St John Paul Shrine – 10:00AM
– Y Sengsong Road (Route 28); Route 3; Route 9; Santa Bernadita Church.
Agafa Gumas – Machanao: Santa Bernardita – 10:15AM
– Route 9; Marine Corps Drive; Anderson AFB (Main Gate); East Marine Corp
Drive (Route 1); Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church.
Yigo: Our Lady of Lourdes – 10:30AM
– East Marine Corps Drive (Route 1); Harmon Loop (Route 27); Army Drive
(Route 16); North Sabana; Corenoso Street (St. Dominic Senior Care Home).
St. Dominic Senior Care Home – 10:50AM
– North Sabana; Asucena; South Sabana Barrigada Drive ; Army Drive (Route 16); Purple Heart Hwy (Route 8); San Roque Drive; San Vicente Church.
Barrigada: San Vicente Church – 11:05AM
– San Roque Drive; Veterans Hwy (Route 10); Santa Teresita Church.
Mangilao: Santa Teresita Church – 11:20AM
– Veterans Hwy (Route 10); Westbound: Chalan Kanton Tasi (Route 4); Our Lady of Peace and Safe Journey Church.
Chalan Pago: Our Lady of Peace and Safe Journey Church – 11:35AM
– Chalan Kanton Tasi (Route 4); Dero Road; San Juan Bautista Church.
Ordot: San Juan Bautista Church – 11:50AM
– Dero Road; Route 4; St Francis of Assisi Church.
Yona: St Francis of Assisi Church – 12:10PM
– Route 4; Route 17; Route 4 A; N San Miguel Street; San Miguel Catholic Church.
Talafofo: San Miguel Catholic Church – 12:30PM
– Route 4 A; Route 4; San Isidro Catholic Church.
Malojloj: San Isidro Catholic Church – 12:45PM
– Route 4; Apman Drive (Southern Region Community Health Center); Apman
Drive; Route 4; St Joseph Church.
Inarajan: St Joseph Church – 1:00PM
– Route 4; San Dimas Church.
Merizo: San Dimas Church – 1:20PM
– Route 4; Route 2; San Dionisio Church.
Umatac: San Dionisio Church – 1:35PM
– Route 2; San Vicente Avenue; Calle de los Marteres Street; Our Lady
Mount Carmel Church.
Agat: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church – 1:50PM
– Calle de Los Marteres Street.; Erskin Drive; Route 2; Bishop Olano (Route 12); Our Lady of Guadalupe Church.
Santa Rita: Our Lady of Guadalupe Church – 2:05PM
Route 12; Route 5; Route 2A; (Naval Base Gate); Marine Corps Drive;
Route 6; Assumption Drive; Assumption of Our Lady Church
Piti: Assumption of Our Lady Church – 2:20PM
– Assumption Drive; JM Tuncap, Marine Corps Drive; Nino Perdido Road, Nino
Perdido y Sagrada Familia Catholic Church
Asan: Nino Perdido y Sagrada Familia Catholic Church – 2:40PM
– Jose Leon Guerrero Street; Marine Corps Drive; Agana Cathedral-Basilica.
Agana Cathedral-Basilica – 3:00PM