Brig. Gen. Jeremy T. Sloane has been named commander of the U.S. Air Force 36th Wing at Andersen Air Force Base on Guam.
The announcement was made Thursday on defense.gov.
Brig. Gen. Sloane will come to Guam from his current position as commandant of the Air War College, Air University, Air Education and Training Command at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama.
The Air War College is the Air Force’s senior professional military education institution, providing post-graduate senior leader development programs focused on joint, multinational, multi-agency war-fighting and international security operations, air, space and cyberspace force strategy development and national security planning.
General Sloane graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. He earned his pilot wings at Columbus AFB, Miss., in 1996 and completed the F-16 Initial Qualification Course at Luke AFB, Ariz., in 1997.
He has held a variety of F-16 flying assignments to include U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Operations Officer, Operations Support Squadron Commander, Deputy Operations Group Commander, Vice Wing Commander and 8th Fighter Wing Commander, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. General Sloane also served on the Joint Staff as the Broader Middle East Division Chief, Operations Directorate (J3), where he led a sensitive coordination and planning effort regularly reviewed by the Chairman and Secretary of Defense.
Prior to his current assignment, General Sloane served as Vice Director of Operations for North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
General Sloane is a command pilot with more than 2,500 flying hours in the F-16, T-37 and T-38, including 235 combat hours in Operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Joint Guard and Allied Force.
1992 Bachelor of Science, engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Science, Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, University of North Carolina, Greensboro
1. June 1992 – October 1995, Project Manager, Advanced Radiation Detection Unit, Defense Support Program, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
2. November 1995 – January 1997, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, then Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. February 1997 – October 1997, student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. November 1997 – September 2000, Chief of Plans and F-16 Flight Lead, 23d Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
5. October 2000 – May 2001, Chief of Plans and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. June 2001 – July 2002, Flight Commander and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. August 2002 – August 2003, Chief, Wing Weapons and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. September 2003 – October 2004, Assistant Operations Officer and F-16 Flight Evaluator, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. November 2004 – March 2007, Operations Officer and F-16 Instructor Pilot, USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron “Thunderbirds,” Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. April 2007 – January 2008, Operations Officer, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. February 2008 – June 2010, Commander, 388th Operations Support Squadron, and Deputy Commander, 388th Operations Group, Hill AFB, Utah
12. July 2010 – May 2011, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2011 – May 2012, Operations Officer, PACOM Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. June 2012 – June 2013, Chief, Broader Middle East Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. July 2013 – April 2015, Vice Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
16. May 2015 – May 2016, Commander, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, South Korea
17. June 2016 – June 2017, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. June 2017 – present, Commandant, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.