Guam – The Chalan Pago-Ordot Village Newsletter is issued by Chalan Pago-Ordot Mayor Jessy Gogue.
Ordot-Chalan Pago Village Newsletter, November 29 – Village News
1. HAPPY THANKSGIVING: On behalf of the Mayor’s Office, our Staff, our Village Municipal Planning Council and families, I would like to wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I pray that each of you take time and enjoy the company of your family and friends and that this is a safe & joyous time for all of you.
2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORMER COMMISSIONER CARBULLIDO: On behalf of the Mayor’s Office, our Staff, our Village Municipal Planning Council and families, I would also like to acknowledge and wish Former Commissioner Frank Carbullido a Happy 90th Birthday, which is being celebrated this weekend.
3. HALLOWEEN DECORATING COMPETITION: We would like to congratulate the winners of our Halloween Decorating Competition: 1st Place: Mrs. Angela Quintanilla & niece; 2nd Place: The Emmanuel Family; and 3rd Place: Mr. Franklin Herrero & family. I apologize for this delay in recognizing the winners of our completion.
4. GUAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 1ST ANNUAL SONG FESTIVAL: On Saturday, Nov. 30th, from 10am – 6pm, the Guam Chamber of Commerce will host its 1st Annual Song Festival at the Agana Shopping Center. This event will feature Guam’s school-aged singing talent. This event is open and free to the public.
5. GUMA’ I TAOTAO PEACE FESTIVAL: On Saturday, Nov. 30th, @ 5:30pm, Governor Calvo & the First Lady will be hosting a lighting ceremony at the Government House (Guma’ I Taotao) in Agana Heights. This display of lights will be turned on nightly, from 6pm – 9pm, from Nov. 30th through Jan. 5, 2014. The public is invited to visit Government House and walk through the grounds and enjoy this display of lights. For those who are unable to attend the opening ceremony, PBS will broadcast the event on Guam Channel 12.
6. UNLEASHED PETS: Our office has had the cooperation of residents in capturing stray dogs roaming our District. I would like to “Thank” those who have answered our call in catching these stray dogs. Vicious stray dogs in our Village has become a growing problem and, YOUR CONTINUED HELP IS NEEDED. If you own a dog, you are required by law to leash your pet(s) or place them in an appropriate kennel. “Unleashed pets” are considered stray and can be impounded by Guam Animal Control Officers or the Mayor’s Office Staff. If a dog is deemed vicious, GPD may be forced to shoot it. Owners of unleashed dogs can be subject to a fine, as high as $1,000, in addition to legal compensation to any injured party. WITHOUT YOUR ASSISTANCE, “stray dogs” will continue to be a growing problem in our District.
7. BURGLARIES & THEFT OF PROPERTY: I would like to remind all of you to continue to exercise caution as we near the start this Holiday Season. While at home, it is wise to keep your screen doors locked, at all times. Additionally, I am asking each of you for your continued assistance in keeping a vigilant watch over your neighborhood and, to report any unusual activities you may witness in your area. This extra vigilance on your part has helped to reduce crime in Our District. You are also reminded to be extra caution when shopping and openly exposing all of your purchases within your vehicle. Island wide, there have been a growing number of break-ins of parked cars at major shopping areas.
8. CRIME STOPPERS: If you have any information on a theft or burglary or any other criminal act, please call the Crime Stoppers’ hotline number: 477-HELP (4357) or “*HELP” on your Docomo Cell Phone and report what you know. Your tip can help us put a STOP to the crime plaguing our Island; and, you can remain anonymous when reporting this information. A crime tip can also be reported “on-line” by going to the Guam Crime Stoppers website at: http://guam.crimestoppersweb.com – This website will allow you to upload a photo of a crime you witness; and, should your tip lead to an arrest and conviction, you may be eligible to receive a REWARD of up to $1,000.00.
9. VETERANS’ MEDICAL FOSTER HOME: The local VA Office is still in search of individuals and/or families interested in learning how to make their home a Medical Foster Home for a veteran. For more information, please contact Guadencia Palomo-Burns at 475-5804 or email: Gaudencia.Palomo-Burns@Va.Gov
10. FREE ZUMBA CLASSES: On Mondays & Wednesdays, at the Chalan Pago Community Center from 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., a Zumba Class is offered for those who wish to incorporate an exercise program into their weekly routine. For more information, please contact the Mayor’s Office.
11. ZUMBA “TONING” CLASSES: Make a commitment, now, to spend more time on improving your health. A good start would be to join our Zumba “Toning” Class being held at the Community Center every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Contact Janet Champaco at 777-2441, for more information.
12. MUAY THAI KICKBOXING FITNESS CLASS: Muay Thai Kickboxing classes are being held every Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday at the Community Center. Please contact Brogan Walker at 929-0993 or the Mayor’s Office regarding the scheduled time for these classes.
13. REGISTER WITH THE MAYOR’S OFFICE: Although NOT a requirement under Guam Law, residents are encouraged to register their household with the Mayor’s Office. If you haven’t registered with our office in the past, the documents we will need from you include: a lease agreement; utility bill; photo I.D.s for each member in the household or a birth certificate for household members without a photo I.D. Registering with our office is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT for those households caring for a person with a disability or caring for a person who may require “special assistance” in the event of an emergency OR natural disaster. Note that several government agencies require a Mayor’s Verification from our office, to include the initial registration of your child in our public schools, an application for a Guam I.D., or a request for public/housing assistance.
CONTACT NUMBERS TO THE MAYOR’S OFFICE: 472-8302/8303 or 477-1333 Administrative Assistant: Julie (Rosemarie) Posadas Municipal Clerk: Natasha Quitano
MAYOR’S EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com or 727-7567 (cell) Released by: /s/ Mayor Jessy C. Gogue