The Guam Department of Education’s (GDOE) CHamoru Studies and Special Projects Division is now accepting kindergarten applications for the Faneyåkan Sinipok (CHamoru Immersion Program) SY 21-22 at P.C. Lujan Elementary School. The goal of this program is to progressively develop fluent and proficient generations in the CHamoru language in all academic subject areas.
If you are interested in your child learning all subject areas in CHamoru, please fill out the online application form (see links below). An interview will be scheduled for all eligible applicants to discuss program requirements and commitments. Parents/guardians are required to register their child for the face-to-face model of learning. Program hours will run from 8:30 a.m. to 2:43 p.m. Transportation for students must be provided by the parents/guardians.
Additionally, participating families must agree to the following commitments. Parents and guardians are:
● to participate on a consistent basis;
● to take CHamoru immersion classes; and
● to provide eight hours of in-kind service to the program every month.
○ The program is open to any child living on Guam who will be 5 years old by July 30, 2021.
○ Transportation to and from school must be provided by the parents or guardians.
(Families within the attendance area of P.C. Lujan Elementary School may take the school bus .)
○ Face-to face model of learning is required.
○ Parents/guardians of students accepted into the program will need to sign a document stating their commitment to program requirements. Failure to fulfill commitments may result in families having to withdraw from the program.
To learn more about the Faneyåkan Sinipok Program please contact GDOE CHamoru Studies and Special Project Division at 300- 1367 or email Jimmy S. Teria, School Program Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form link: Faneyåkan Sinipok – Application Form (click on this link) or visit: https://tinyurl.com/7ke3vr92