The Department of Public Health and Social Services has announced that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services approved the following Guam Medicaid State Plan Amendments:
1) GU21-003: Medicaid Coverage is extended to citizens of the Freely Associated States (The Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of Marshall Islands and the Republic of Palau) who are lawfully residing in the United States under the Compact of Free Association; and
2) GU21-002: Increase in the Guam Medicaid Poverty Level for those eligible under the Modified Adjusted Gross Income.
The increase in the Guam Medicaid Poverty Level (GMPL) income guideline is as follows:
|Household Size||Monthly Gross Income|
These State Plan Amendments are retroactive to January 1, 2021 and will apply to all applications submitted from this date forward. Therefore, if an application was submitted on or after January 1, 2021 and was denied due to the previous guidelines that did not allow for the approval of these citizens of the Freely Associated States or due to excess income, the previously submitted application will be reassessed to determine Medicaid eligibility based on the new guidelines above. These individuals will not be required to re-submit an application, however, they may be asked or required to submit updated information.
Recipients will be contacted based on the information in their previously submitted application, or additional information can be obtained by calling or visiting one of the following locations:
· Ran Care Commercial Center, 2nd Floor, Tamuning or call 300-8853/8863/8867/8869
· Northern Public Health Center, Dededo or call 635-7488 / 7484 / 7439 / 7483
· Southern Public Health Center, Inarajan or call 828-7542 / 7524 / 7539