Guam – The Guam Council on Arts and Humanities Agency (CAHA) has applied for federal a $782,000 federal grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
CAHA submitted a federal grant application to the Guam State Clearinghouse (GSC) requesting $782,000.00 from the National Endowment for the Arts, CFDA # 45.025, to fund the Promotion of the Arts Partnership Agreement.
The grant seeks to support the goals of the Council on the Arts and Humanities’ three (3) year strategic plan which consists of the following:
1) To continue developing public interest, participation and support of the arts and to continue efforts toward presenting the highest quality of arts available for the benefit of all citizens of the territory;
2) to develop the heighten public awareness of the value and importance that arts education plays in the quality formative education and through an enrichment of life in general;
3) To further develop and sustain a Folk and Traditional Arts Program for the benefit of all citizens that promotes a greater appreciation and understanding of the Chamorro heritage; to develop and sustain Folk and Traditional Arts Program for the benefit of all citizens that promotes greater appreciation and understanding of the culture and heritage of the various ethnic communities and to foster opportunities for regional cultural heritage;
4) To develop opportunities within the territory for the partnership with underserved communities to share in and to benefit from the arts through increased participation and sustained funding;
5) To encourage and promote excellence in the arts through sustained funding and increases programming opportunities including the development of a gallery facility within the territory;
6) To encourage individual artists and arts organizations to play a more energetic role in cultivating heightened awareness of the arts through initiated arts activities within the territory. Other budgeted items include funds for media campaigns, travel and computer equipment.
For the submission of public comments or to obtain a digital version of the grant application for review, please contact Anna T. Pangelinan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.