The Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) has announced that it is re-opening some hospital services.
CHSS advises that because of the coronavirus pandemic there will be “significant changes” in procedures in order to “safeguard” the employees and patients.
The changes include new and improved processes for speedy check-in and signage to ensure proper social distancing throughout the facility.
Some modifications to services include:
• Elective or non-emergency surgeries for patients are being
• Testing requests for outbound travelers which may need labcertification
for entry to their destination are available at the MCATS Tent #13 (upper parking lot of Navy Hill campus) by appointment only.
• Children’s Clinic and Family Care Clinic have expanded services to include tele-visits using video chat or phone calls.
• Check-in kiosks for Children’s Clinic and Family Care Clinic allow for speedy check-in and social distancing, and each kiosk self-disinfects using UV light after each use.
• Waiting areas and queue lines are reconfigured to facilitate social distancing.
Entrance to the hospital will remain limited, and screening upon entry, including temperature checks, will continue.
For hospitalizations, at this time the CHCC is allowing one (1) visitor per patient each hour between 9:00AM-11:00AM and 3:00PM-5:00PM.
Patients and visitors will be asked to wear masks, which can be provided if needed.
These updates include:
• One partner allowed for labor/delivery patients. Visitor rules apply after delivery (one (1) visitor per patient each hour between 9:00AM-11:00AM and 3:00PM-5:00PM).
• One parent or caregiver will be allowed for pediatric patients. Parent or will be allowed to leave the room or be replaced by another person.
• Family for patients at end-of-life care, visiting hours may be adjusted and will be cleared by our screeners.
• Visitor rules are subject to change.
The CHCC would like to assure the community that it is taking every precaution to ensure that each of its facilities are safe and healthy environments for patients. Patients are urged to continue to seek regular
health care services, including primary care of chronic conditions and any urgent care needed.
For more information about CHCC programs, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @cnmichcc, check out our website at www.chcc.gov.mp or call us at (670) 234-8950.