Guam Congressman Michael San Nicolas announced that the American Rescue Plan is providing more help for local businesses and jobs through the Small Business Administration’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program.
The program began accepting applications yesterday.
It includes a total of more than $16 billion in grants for shuttered venues.
Who Can Apply:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Applicants must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020. A venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount.
Venue operates can use their grants for: payroll costs, rent payments, utility payments, worker protection expenditures, and more
Local venue operators can get more information on how to apply at our local SBA office, at SBA.gov, or by contacting Congressman San Nicolas’s office at 671-475-6453.