The deadline for incoming seniors to apply for the Guam Department of Education’s internship program is Tuesday, June 8, 2021, no later than 12:00 p.m.
GDOE is offering students the opportunity to gain experience in the workplace. To better serve this need, GDOE Superintendent Jon Fernandez announced 20 openings for Cycle Three of the GDOE High School Seniors Internship Program. Incoming seniors enrolled in a GDOE high school are eligible to apply for the chance to gain valuable work experience, engage with the department’s leadership, and earn a generous stipend of up to $1,600.
The program offers basic work experiences in contemporary office settings to support professional development beyond the traditional classroom. It focuses on project-based assignments and at the same time, allows interns the opportunity to learn professional communication and collaboration techniques, participate in leadership development, sharpen technological skills, enhance interpersonal skills, gain a basic understanding of the GDOE district offices, and more.
Additionally, interns will execute an intern-led presentation at the end of the summer to showcase their experience in the program. Those who take part in the program will be able to use the experience to enhance professional resumes, add to their college applications, and be called upon to participate in other GDOE activities throughout the year.
The GDOE internship program consists of three separate sessions. Those selected will be working at the Tiyan location for GDOE’s headquarters and district-level offices for all three sessions. Duty hours are between 8:00 am and 12:00 p.m. The three sessions are scheduled for:
Session One: June 14, 2021 – July 27, 2021
Session Two: December 20, 2021- January 5, 2022
Session Three: April 11, 2022 – April 19, 2022
· Be a student enrolled in a GDOE high school;
· Be at least 16 years of age or older;
· An incoming high school senior for SY 2021 – 2022;
· Have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average with at least 18 credit hours (as per Board Policy 351.4);
· Be available to attend all dates and hours pre-determined by GDOE for each session;
· Complete and submit an application with a neatly written or typed essay on or before the submission deadline;
· Be responsible, mature, and ready to learn in a real-life workplace environment; and
· Have parents/guardians sign application forms if the applicant is under the age of 18.
Again, the deadline to submit applications is June 8, 2021, by no later than 12:00 p.m.
The application for the GDOE Internship Program can be found on the GDOE website. Completed applications should be sent electronically to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please use the same email address.