Guam – The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) would like to remind participants to ensure that their applications are completely filled out, and that all required documents are submitted at the time of their interview.
• Processing time for SNAP applicants is thirty (30) calendar days from the date the application is stamped received.
• Expedited case processing for SNAP is seven (7) calendar days from the date the application is stamped received.
For SNAP Recipients ONLY
• You are only required to report when your income is more than 130% of the Federal Poverty Level for your household size shown below. Reports must be submitted by the 10th of the month, following the month in which the change occurred.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE Gross Monthly Income (130% of FPL)
Each Additional Member $436
• You are not required to report any other information until your PERIODIC CHANGE REPORTING date (INTERIM CHANGE REPORT), or at the time of your renewal.
o When submitting your Periodic Change Report (Interim Change Report), please complete all information required, and provide the required supporting documents. It is very important to include your check stub(s) (2 check stubs for the reporting month), and all the utility bills for reporting month.
o Even if there is no change in your household circumstances, you still have to complete the Periodic Change Report (Interim Change Report).
o The Periodic Change Report (Interim Change Report) may be mailed or dropped in the drop boxes at the Central and Northern Public Health Centers before the 10th day of the reporting month. Please make sure that all required documents are included.
Failure to submit Interim Change Report will result in termination of your case/benefits.
For Public Assistance (Cash/Welfare) and Medical Assistance Program (Medicaid, MIP) Recipients
• Processing time for Public Assistance and Medical Assistance is forty five (45) calendar days from date the application is stamped received.
• You must submit any change in employment, household members moving in or out, or change of address within 10 calendar days from the date the change occurred using the Change Report Form. Please make sure that all required supporting documents are included.
• For CHILD ONLY Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Cases, your cash assistance will be limited to a five (5)-year time limit.
• No expedite services for Public Assistance and Medical Assistance Programs with the exception of extreme emergencies.
Individuals who were found to have committed Intentional Program Violation (IPV) after an Administrative Disqualification Hearing (ADH) is conducted shall be ineligible to participate in the program for:
12 MONTHS for the 1ST VIOLATION
24 MONTHS for the 2ND VIOLATION
PERMANENT DISQUALIFICATION for the 3RD VIOLATION
PERMANENT DISQUALIFICATION for TRAFFICKING SNAP benefits worth $500.00 and above.
For more information, please call the following numbers: 735-7245 (Central and Southern) and 635-7488 (Northern) or visit your respective center.