Guam – Department of Public Health Director James Gillan has annoucned that the Division of Environmental Health (DEH) will begin accepting renewal applications for Sanitary Permits starting June 2.
1. Applications for renewal of Sanitary Permits can be obtained from the DEH office, 2nd Floor, Central Public Health Facility in Mangilao. The forms can also be downloaded from the Department’s website at www.dphss.guam.gov [click the “Forms & Docs” tab, then “Forms and Documents (by Type),” then “By Forms.” Scroll down and click on “Application for Sanitary Permit.” This form can be filled online and printed using the free Adobe Reader available at www.Adobe.com].
2. Completed applications for renewals that will be paid by check may be dropped off at the DEH office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. The applicant will be notified by phone when the permit is available for pick-up. A copy of the 2015 Business License must be attached to the renewal application.
3. Applicants wishing to pay by cash or credit card will be required to make the payment to the cashier on the 1st Floor of the Central Public Health building and wait for the Sanitary Permit AFTER submitting the renewal application and the copy of the 2015 business license to the DEH office.
Relevant to P.L. 31-41, effective January 3, 2014, the fees for the issuance of a Sanitary Permit are as follows:
Type of Service 2013 Fee 2014 Fee
* Sanitary Permit fee for health-regulated establishments if the establishment has 1 to 9 employees $220.00 – $290.00
* Sanitary Permit fee for health-regulated establishments if the establishment has 10 employees $290.00 – $290.00
* For each additional employee over 10 $5.00 $5.00
* Sanitary Permit fee for vending machines, per vending machine, for each of the first style or model of vending machine $290.00 – $290.00
* For each additional vending machine of the same type $5.00 $5.00
Should you require any additional information, you may reach the DEH office at (671)735-7221/7205.