Guam – The Department of Public Works has released the following activity report for the week of June 17 to June 21. * There was an average of 107 school buses operational.
* The Building Permits Section issued 19 building permits and 7 occupancy permits were issued.
* Transportation Maintenance Division serviced 41 buses. There are 16 buses being worked on continuously, pending availability of engines and/or parts.
* The Building Maintenance crew were active on 26 projects, including:
* Troubleshooting water heater at the Department of Agriculture, tested power to disconnect box, to thermostat, and monitored progress of apparatus; repair ¾” waterline damaged by sewer contractors at the Solid Waste Management Authority, completed the sanding and painting of interior partitions at the Bus Operations office-DPW Compound, as well as various quotidian duties and responsibilities.
* The Highway Maintenance crew continued the fencing repair project at the skate park in
* Dededo, prepared sidewalks near George Washington High School to come into compliance with ADA construction project; provided wake service in Mangilao and Agat (2 in either village).
For information on our Highway Programs, please visit www.guamtransportationprogram.com.