Guam – The Department of Public Works has released the following report for the week of May 28 – May 31.
Department of Public Works: May 28-31
*There were an average of 107 school buses operational.
* The Building Permits Section issued 11 building permits and 6 occupancy permits.
* Transportation Maintenance Division serviced 31 buses. There are 19 buses being worked on continuously, pending availability of engines and/or parts. The maintenance crew also participated in the training for the new buses.
* The Building Maintenance crew were active on 26 projects, to include continued assistance at the Micronesian Island Fair at Ypao Beach, logistics preparation for ribbon cutting ceremony at the Taleyfak Bridge in Agat, assistance at the Relay For Life event in Mangilao, as well as continued duties and responsibilities around the DPW compound and other Government of Guam departments and agencies.
* The Highway Maintenance crew continued the concrete pouring and installation of Base course, formworks and WWF reinforcement re ADA sidewalk construction project in Mangilao, across GW High School; replaced collapsed corrugated metal pipe drainage pipes with 2 new RCP in Famha Road, Ordot; drainage system maintenance and assistance at a wake service in Quinene Road, Merizo; removed mailbox posts and back-filled the abandoned planter box openings on the sidewalks on Route 14A, Chalan San Antonio; and continued with the manufacturing and delivery of coral aggregates (delivery Backlog: October 2012).
* The Office of Highway Safety (OHS) staff were on the Patty Arroyo Talk Show, in partnership with the Guam Fire Department, providing information on the Click It or Ticket program. They have conducted outreach at JFK, Talofofo Elementary School, and Juan M. Guerrero Elementary, as well as with the Dededo Child Care and Learning Center. The OHS will have a Click It or Ticket display at the Agana Shopping Center on Friday, May 31, from 10am in the morning until 2pm in the afternoon.
For information on our Highway Programs, please visit www.guamtransportationprogram.com.