Guam – The Department of Youth Affairs has released the following report covering the week of September 16 – September 22.
DYA WEEKLY REPORT – September 16- September 22
* As of Sunday, September 22, 2013, the total client population was at 75. Within this population there is one (1) client held for truancy. The following is a breakdown of the total population:
In custody 57
Extended Authorized Leave* 15
* During the week of September 16 to September 22, there were 03 admissions, 10 releases and 01 case closed.
* The Youth Correctional Facility currently operates with 44 officers.
* DYA continues to seek qualified individuals who are interested in the Youth Service Worker I and Youth Service Worker II positions. Obtain and submit applications at the Department of Administration (DOA) in Hagatna.
The application is also available online at http://www.govguamdocs.com/doa/index doa.htm.
Please contact Ms. Danielle Camacho, Acting Public Information Officer (Youth Corrections) at 735-5003/5010.
* JUMPSTART is an intensive treatment-oriented program specifically designed for juvenile offenders who can function in a non-secure environment and remain in the purview of the courts, but with close supervision by D.Y.A.. It is designed for early integration of clients back to the families, schools and communities.
*EXTENDED AUTHORIZE LEAVE is a less intensive form of the Jumpstart program. Juvenile offenders, while remanded to D.Y.A., only have conditions of authorized leave to abide by and are checked periodically.