Guam – The Department of Youth Affairs has released the following report covering the week of October 28 – November 03.
DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH AFFAIRS – WEEKLY REPORT – October 21 – November 03
As of Sunday November 03, 2013, the total client population was at 80.
The following is a breakdown of the total population:
* In custody – 62
* Jumpstart* – 4
* Extended Authorized Leave* – 14
TOTAL – 80
* During the week of October 21 – November 03, there were 13 (thirteen) admissions, 2 (two) releases.
* The Youth Correctional Facility currently operates with 44 officers.
* DYA continues to seek qualified individuals who are interested in the Youth Service Worker I and Youth Service Worker II positions. Obtain and submit applications at the Department of Administration (DOA) in Hagatna. The application is also available online at http://www.govguamdocs.com/doa/index doa.htm.
* JUMPSTART is an intensive treatment-oriented program specifically designed for juvenile offenders who can function in a non-secure environment and remain in the purview of the courts, but with close supervision by D.Y.A.. It is designed for early integration of clients back to the families, schools and communities.
*EXTENDED AUTHORIZE LEAVE is a less intensive form of the Jumpstart program. Juvenile offenders, while remanded to D.Y.A., only have conditions of authorized leave to abide by and are checked periodically.