The Andersen commissary is currently limiting the number of patrons in the store due to health and safety requirements.
In addition, Tarague Beach, the Palm Tree Golf Course, and all gyms are closed.
According to the 36th Wing public affairs office, these measures are part of Andersen Air Force Base’s updated COVID-19 mitigation measures & enforcement policy in line with Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero’s “Stay at Home” Executive Order and the continued rise in COVID-19 cases across the island.
Under the updated policy, all personnel must maintain vigilance regarding physical distancing, mask-wearing, and hand hygiene. Physical distancing is defined as greater than six feet between yourself and others. Close contact is defined as less than six feet between yourself and another person for more than 15 minutes. Personnel must continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 signs and symptoms and must inform the 36 MDG and their chain of command if they suspect they are infected or have had close contact with a person suspected to be infected.
Following are additional rules prescribed by the updated policy:
• Limit off-installation activity to essential travel only.
• Continue to delay start of in-resident DoDEA schools and Child and Youth Programs.
• Limit gatherings to groups no larger than two persons. You may gather with members of your household.
• Mask wearing is mandatory at all gatherings indoors and outdoors.
• Commanders will maximize teleworking, teleconference meetings, and limit in-person duties to mission-essential personnel only. Those personnel that need to report to their normal duty location to access controlled, sensitive, or classified material or equipment should return to teleworking once access is no longer required.
• Do not conduct group fitness.
All mission-essential personnel and their families are advised to continue to avoid Defense Commissary Association and Army and Air Force Exchange Service facilities on Saturday and Sunday.
DeCA commissary access remains limited to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) who have authorized privileges Tuesday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
Other commissary guidelines include:
· Patrons should expect longer than normal wait times.
· It is recommended to bring an umbrella, folding chair, and bottled water.
· Patrons are limited to one shopping cart per family, and can only shop for personal use.
· Try to limit the number of people that accompany you.
· Those with disabilities may enter at 9:30 a.m.
· Commissary hours for manåmko, those over sixty, are 10 a.m. to 12.
· All other patrons are welcome to shop from 12 to 7 p.m. Unit Commanders may be more restrictive in the interest of mitigating risk to mission and personnel.
Military members not in compliance with these measures may be subject to UCMJ action. Civilians and dependents not in compliance may be banned from Andersen Air Force Base and face civilian prosecution.