Guam – A female pedestrian was struck an killed by a vehicle in Dededo early this morning.
GMH Nursing Supervisor Bill Toves confirms that the woman was pronounced dead at 4:50am.
After perfomring an autopsy Wednesday, Medical Examiner Dr. Aurelio Espinola concluded that she died of internal injuries. He identified her as 28 year old Turley Thomas. She is the 13th traffic related fatality on Guam’s roadways this year.
GPD Spokesman Officer A.J. Balajadia reports that Highway Patrol responded to the accident about 2:30am. It happened on Marine Corps Drive near the Dededo Flea Market.
A red 2004 Nissan Maxima on Marine Corps Drive heading north on Route 1 towards Yigo struck the woman and then fled the scene.
Officer Balajadia reports that the 21 year old man driving the car left the scene. When he got home, he told his mother what happened and she turned him in.
The vehicle has since been impounded by police.
The case remains under investigation, says Officer Balajadia. No arrest has been made yet.
2014 Traffic Related Fatalities:
1. Saturday, January 18: A man was pronounced dead at Guam Memorial Hospital after an early this morning auto-pedestrian accident. Guam Fire Spokesman Lt. Ed Artero says medics responded to an Auto-Pedestrian accident with serious injuries at Harmon Loop Road. The 911 call was received at 1:36am. GMH Nursing Supervisory Marie Mafnas told PNC News that the male pedestrian victim was pronounced dead at 2:17am. The man’s identity has not been released.
2. Friday February 14: GMH Nursing Supervisor Bill Toves says the pedestrian victim of a hit and run driver died at GMH at 5:45 this afternoon. He is the second traffic fatality of the year on Guam. His identify has not yet been released. Earlier, Nursing Supervisor Cely Mangrobang said the pedestrian was on life support, in “very critical” condition. The man was hit by a vehicle on Route 1 near Ypaopao Estates in Dededo. GFD Spokesman Lt. Ed Artero says the 911 call came in at 6:08am. He said CPR was conducted on the man at the scene, and en-route to GMH.
3. Saturday, April 5th: 73 year old woman injured in auto accident in Tamuning in front of the old Blockbuster building. She passed away Thursday April 10th at 4:03am
* Sunday, April 13th: 911 call received at 1:13pm reporting serious 2 car collision in Yigo on Route 15 near the Yigo Raceway. 4 dead. 1 injured. 1 dead at the scene. 2 taken to GMH, CPR en-route, both later pronounced dead. 1 taken to Naval Hospital, later pronounced dead. 1 person was pronounced dead at the scene.
4. Sunday, April 13th: … 64 year old Damiano Neth of Yigo pronounced dead at GMH at 2:15pm.
5. Sunday, April 13th: … 63 year old wife Markarita Neth pronounced dead at GMH at 2:07pm.
6. Sunday, April 13th: 10 year old grand daughter Mya Ann Neth
7. Sunday, April 13th: … Ruhney Hadley of Mangilao pronounced dead at Naval Hospital, later transported to GMH.
8. Tuesday April 15th: Auto/Pedestrian .. 1 John Doe pedestrian struck and killed by 2006 Nissan Frontier on Route 16 in Harmon. Accident reported to GPD
at 12:06 am. Rt.16 by Seven Day Supermarket – Auto / Pedestrian, April 16, 2014 at about 12:00am (Wednesday Morning), ELIAS AUNA, m/Chuuk/35/Dededo
9. 47-year-old Daniel Santos of Dededo died at Guam Memorial Hospital this afternoon following a vehicle accident in Barrigada. GMH Nursing Supervisor Bill Toves says that the man was pronounced dead at 5:19pm. A 67 year old woman was also injured in the accident and she is in stable condition says Toves. Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Aurelio Espinola said Santos died from a crushed chest and abdomen.
10. Tuesday April 6th: 10:30pm, Route 15, Yigo, back road to Andersen. Single car accident. silver 1996 Honda Civic heading north on Route 15 when the driver lost control and ran into a ditch. Passenger in front right seat thrown from vehicle and killed. Medical Examiner Dr. Aurileo Espinola has identified the woman who was killed as 19 year old Annabelle Sibal. He performed an autopsy on her and concluded that she died from a broken neck and fractured ribs.
11. Tuesday June 10th: 1:54am 1 woman killed, 2 men and another woman injured following early morning traffic fatality. no id’s. details pending.
12. Sunday June 22: 8:37pm, Auto/Pedestrian accident. A 47 year old man was struck and later died after he was hit by a 1995 Honda Civic on Ypao Road in Tamuning. He was identified by Dr. Aurelio Espinola as Michael Poirier.
13. Tuesday, July 9: 2:30am Marine Corps Drive near Dededo Flea Market. A red 2004 Nissan Maxima on Marine Corps Drive heading north on Route 1 towards Yigo struck the woman and then fled the scene. The woman was later pronouncd dead at GMH about 4:50am. She has been identified as 28 year old Turley Thomas. GPD Spokesman Officer A.J. Balajadia reports that the 21 year old man driving the car went home and told his mother about the accident. The mother then brought him to the Police Department.
READ the release from Officer Balajadia below:
DEDEDO – About 2:30am, Wednesday, July 09, 2014, Guam Highway Patrol was called to the scene of a Auto/Pedestrian, Auto Leaving Scene, Marine Corps Drive, by the Dededo Flea Market.
21-year-old, Male operating a 2004 Nissan Maxima on Marine Corps Drive headed towards Yigo, collided with a Pedestrian, then fled the scene to his residence. After being told about the incident, the mother, brought him into GPD.
This case is under investigation by the Guam Highway Patrol, no arrest have been made. (Picture of vehicle to MEDIA Whatsapp)
If anyone has information regarding the PEDESTRIAN, please call the Guam Police Department at 477-8615-17 or Guam Highway Patrol at 475-8463
(Female(JANE DOE)/20’s – 30’s/possibly FSM/wearing Dark Trousers and a Grey colored Shirt)