An unoccupied tin-roofed house on West Espiritu Street in Tamuning was destroyed by a fire this morning.
A woman who lives next door started a trash fire outside the abandoned structure, according to Patrick Peckich who lives nearby.
Tamuning Mayor Louise Rivera says the woman went to the store after she thought the fire was out.
“The old lady is burning in her private property, one of her properties on the side of her concrete house. She left it unattended then the wood home structure caught on fire and now it’s threatening her concrete house,” Peckich said.
Tamuning Mayor Louise Rivera said: “The owner thought that she had turned it off completely. She went to the store and came back to find the place engulfed in flames. We are very lucky to have our neighbor as the heroes who came out to warn her to get out of the house because the abandoned structure next store was on fire.”
Guam Fire Department spokesman Kevin Reilly says no one was injured in the fire.