Guam – Guam – The first meeting of the new Civilian-Military Coordination Council [CMCC] will take place at the Top-o-Mar on Monday October 18th from 9 until 11 am.
*The agenda includes an emphasis on recommending measures to avoid or reduce environmental impacts, exceeding utility infrastructure capacity, and avoid or reduce impacts to social services associated with construction activities resulting from the military realignment in Guam.
*In addition organizers will emphasize what CMCC is not. “It is not a body for addressing issues not directly associated with construction activities resulting from the military realignment. It will not address policy, budgetary, or programming matters,” states the Agenda Memorandum
GovGuam’s 4 CMCC representatives and 1 alternate will be in attendance.
1. J. George Bamba, Chief of Staff to the Governor
3. Alberto “Tony” Lamorena V, Director, Bureau of Statistics and Plans
3. Maria S. Connelly, Director, Department of Labor
4. John Benavente, General Manager, Consolidated Commission on Utilities
5. Alternate: Paul M. Shintaku, Executive Director, Guam Buildup Office
In addition Guam will also be represented at the first CMCC meeting by representatives from the following GovGuam agencies:
6. Guam Dept of Parks, Rec, & Historic Pres
7. Guam Dept of Ag
10. Port Authority of Guam
The Department of Defense will be represented by 13 attendees, including representatives from Naval Hospital, JGPO, the Marines and Joint Region Marianas.