The Guam Department of Education (“GDOE”) will be conducting regional presentations on the proposed District Action Plan for school year 2014-15 to SY2019-20 entitled “20/20: A Clear Vision for Education on Guam.”
The presentations will take place at each of the 5 public high schools and will include an update on the implementation of the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Math, the development and implementation of a Comprehensive Student Assessment System, and an input session where parents and community members can ask questions or make recommendations to the staff for possible inclusion in the plan.
Some of the major items and issues being addressed in the proposal include, but are not limited to:
* The implementation of the Common Core State Standards
* Efforts to ensure College and Career Readiness in all students
* A comprehensive students assessment system to monitor and measure student progress and achievement
* Efforts to improvement classroom instruction
* Capacity building among the Department’s staff, faculty and leadership
* Interventions to assists struggling students including English Learners and Special Education Students
* Efforts to improvement communication with parents and increase parental involvement
* STEM Education
* Drop-out prevention
* Pre-school and early childhood programs
Parents, teachers, students and community members are invited to attend presentations and provide input into what they would like to see GDOE focus on for the next six-years.
For additional information, please contact the Division of Curriculum and Instruction at 300-1635/1247