The Guam Department of Education registration process is ongoing for School Year 2021 – 2022. Parents and/or guardians should register students as soon as possible. Parents of students turning 5-years-old by July 31, 2021 are also reminded to register children for kindergarten.
Registration for School Year 2021 – 2022 will take place between Wednesday, March 17, 2021 and Tuesday, April 9, 2021.
GDOE will be hosting a series of online parent forums from Monday, March 22, 2021, to Thursday, March 25, 2021. Parent forums are organized by school districts and will begin every evening at 6:00 p.m. Here are the links:
|Monday, March 22, 2021||Haya||987 6969 1510
|Tuesday, March 23, 2021||Kattan||912 7602 4341
|Wednesday, March 24, 2021||Luchan||975 7542 1291
|Thursday, March 25, 2021||Lagu||937 1488 4879
Parent forums will also be broadcasted live on the GDOE Facebook page.
To register your child at a Guam Department of Education school, please contact each school directly to ensure the proper registration forms are completed and submitted. Parents/guardians are asked to call ahead before picking up registration packets, and may also download registration packets at each school’s website. Required registration documents include the following:
- Completed district registration forms
- Student’s official birth certificate
- Parent/guardian current photo identification
- Court appointment guardianship document, if applicable
- Official transcript and official withdrawal from a previous school
- Proof of residency (ONLY one):
○ Mayor’s verification – names of parents/legal guardians and children; or
○ Copy of Mortgage Settlement/Deed to Property/Rental Lease Agreement/Base Commander’s Certification clearly showing the complete home address; or
○ Utility Bill (power, water, or telephone); or
○ Living arrangements if staying with a family/friend – homeowner to provide a notarized letter
- IEP/EAP/ESL (most recent), or Agency Letter of Placement, if applicable
- Up-to-date immunization record
- TB requirements in accordance with Title 10 GCA 3329
- Physical examination (For Kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade, and all newstudents)
Parents/guardians should call ahead prior to visiting each school in order to avoid crowding in school offices. All entering GDOE campuses are required to wear a mask, and visitors should report immediately to the main office where temperature screening will be conducted. Visitors may be asked to wait in their vehicles should doing so be necessary to enforce social distancing guidelines.
When submitting registration documents, parents/guardians should call ahead to schedule an appointment. Families may also contact schools directly to determine whether documents are being accepted via email.
Model of Learning Registration Form
Families will be asked to complete a Model of Learning Registration Form upon registration. Due to COVID-19 safety concerns, the Guam Department of Education offers two models of learning. The form is being offered through the GDOE School Readiness Task Force, and aims to assess parental interest in enrolling students in one of the following options:
- Home Learning Online Instruction (Online Learning): This model of instruction and attendance is 100% online home learning. Students attend classes online and are required to have a computer or tablet, and reliable internet access. Additionally, though not necessarily required, access to a printer and scanner is beneficial.
- Traditional (Face-to-Face): This model of instruction and attendance will be for students who will be participating in a blended model of face-to-face and distance (home) learning. Due to safety and physical distancing considerations, the District School Readiness Task Force has proposed using an alternating schedule, where 1/3 of students attend classes on any given school day. The proposed alternating schedule entails the following:
○ Students are divided up into equally sized alphabetical cohorts.
○ Cohorts will alternate days for physical attendance on campus.
○ On days when students are not physically on campus, they will have assignments, projects or activities to complete and submit when they return. These assignments, projects, or activities can be provided and completed electronically or through hard copy depending on students’ access to equipment and the internet.
○ Alternating days will follow the same order and adjust accordingly for holidays.
Parents/guardians are reminded to return library books and other school items. To pick up any belongings left at the school, please contact each school directly.
For more information regarding the registration process, please contact each school directly. The GDOE school directory is available at https://www.gdoe.net/District/Portal/Directory.