Guam – The Guam Election Commission (GEC) has issued the following updates on the approaching General Election:
– As of this Press Release, the GEC has processed 761 in-office voters.
– In-Office (Early) Voting for the General Election is ongoing and will end on Monday, November 1.
– In-Office (Early) Voting is from 10 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 12 noon on Saturdays.
– All voters wishing to participate in this process are asked to bring a valid Photo I.D.
-The GEC would also like to advise voters participating in this process that due to the additional paperwork that is required, in-office voters may have to wait anywhere between 15-20 minutes before being entertained (depending on the number of voters already in line). Your patience and understanding is most appreciated.
* The District Registration Program begins today [Tuesday].
-Voter Registration will be conducted at all Village Mayor’s offices (except Hagåtña) Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays) from October 12-22 between the hours of 4 pm and 8 pm.
-To register, you MUST be a U.S. Citizen, eighteen (18) years of age, not committed under a sentence of imprisonment, nor confined to a mental institution, nor judicially declared insane, and must be a resident of Guam for at least thirty (30) days.
-You will need to bring either of the following documents to register: a U.S. Passport; Certificate of U.S. Citizenship; or Certificate of Naturalization alone is sufficient.
-If you do not have either of these documents, please provide the Registrar with an original or certified copy of your Birth Certificate and a valid Photo I.D (i.e. Drivers License, Guam I.D., etc.). Eligible individuals may also register with the GEC.
* Today is the last day for Volunteer Voter Registrars.
– All Volunteer Voter Registrars are asked to turn in all supplies and materials to the GEC by 5 pm.
* The GEC’s Meeting previously scheduled for 4 p.m. tomorrow [Wednesday], has been postponed until 4 pm Thursday, October 14.
For more information call GEC Executive Director John F. Blas at (671) 477-9791-4, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org