GFD Responds to Fire at Town Home in Maite

283

The fire was confined to the kitchen of the two-story town house with fire damage to kitchen cabinets and smoke damage throughout the home.

Guam – GFD units responded to a reported structure fire at a 2-story town home in Maite Friday.

 

According to GFD spokesman Kevin Reilly, no one was home at the time of the incident and there were no injuries to responders. According to Reilly the fire was a result of unattended cooking. Apparently, the homeowner was cooking lunch and forgot to turn off the stove after leaving his house. Reilly says the oil left in the stove evaporated, triggering the fire. The fire was confined to the kitchen of the two-story town house with fire damage to kitchen cabinets and smoke damage throughout the home.