Guam – The Guam Housing Corporation has released the following report on its activities for the week ending March 15.
GUAM HOUSING CORPORATION (GHC)
DATE: March 15, 2013
• First Time Homeowners’ Assistance Program (FTHAP PL# 31-166) – To date, Guam Housing Corporation (GHC) has assisted a total of 59 families who are pursuing the “Guamanian Dream” of homeownership. A total of $456,100.00 in FTHAP funds have been dispersed or committed to Guamanian families who have qualified for the grant, to purchase or build a home. An additional eight (4) families are scheduled to receive their FTHAP Certificates in the coming weeks.
• During the first two (2) weeks for the month of March 2013, GHC had conducted twenty – one (12) pre-qualifying loan interviews for processing, approved one (1) loan of $40,000.00 and closed three (3) loans, totaling $240,000.
• GHC and the Affordable Housing Coordinating Council (AHCC) scheduled its monthly meeting for Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at the Governor’s Complex, Conference Room 1 at 10am.
• GHC will issue an RFI on March 18, 2013, to all parties to submit their expressions of interest in the financing, designing, building and/or operating affordable home developments. Information should include innovative solutions and partnership opportunities to provide for well-designed, livable, sustainable including but not limited to alternative building systems (i.e., steel frame, wood composite, or combination and cost effective housing development.
WHAT DOES THE COMMUNITY NEED TO KNOW?
• GHC Rental Division has housing units for rent. Contact our Rental Division at (671) 632-5660 for more information.
• Be aware of public service announcements and community outreach programs promoting affordable housing, and apply for the various programs available. Visit our website at www.guamhousing.org or call our office (671) 647-4143 for updates and announcements.