Guam – Guam Memorial Hospital Authority continues to refer delinquent patient accounts for further collection efforts.
All patient bills are due and payable at the time that services are rendered. Delinquent accounts are referred to the following entities for further collection efforts:
* The Guam Department of Revenue and Taxation for garnishment of tax refunds;
* One of two hospital-contracted private collection agencies affiliated with national credit bureaus. Debts to GMHA may appear on credit reports, and could affect credit card rates and other borrowing.
Patients are reminded of the importance of settling their accounts with the Hospital in a timely manner.
Delayed payments mean fewer resources available to provide quality care to future patients.
Payment plans can be set up to repay outstanding debts. Several payment options exist for those with outstanding balances to GMHA, including:
* Payment by mail;
* Credit card payments by phone;
* Front lobby Cashier, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday;
* 24-hour drive-up payment drop box outside front entrance;
* 24-hour payment drop box inside the front lobby;
* 24-hour Cashier in the Emergency Department.
For more information or to arrange payment on your account, please contact the GMHA Business Office at 647-2258/2126/2127/2196. The Telecommunications Device for the Hearing and Speech Impaired number is 649-1801.