Guam – As Governor Calvo contemplates on signing the Programmatic Agreement, the Legislature’s Republican Leadership is insisting that he ensure that Guam receive closure to unresolved issues as decisions are being made in preparation for the transfer of the Okinawa contingent. The Republicans have also asked Congresswoman Madeleine Bordallo to join the Governor in the push for the following deliverables:
• War Reparations;
• Full reimbursement for Compact Impact costs;
• The Secretary of the US Department of Health & Human Services must provide supports and services to fully support the social & emotional needs resulting from the buildup;
• The Secretary of the US Department of Education must provide support and services to fully address the schooling needs of our population growth;
• All infrastructure requirements – roads, water and power – be paid, in full, by the Federal Government; and
• Support for a binding plebiscite as the people of Guam determine their political status.
As the Republican Legislature Leadership are loyal Americans, they stand even prouder as Guamanians. They insist that deliverables be made. Letters were also sent to President Obama, Navy Secretary Ron Mabus, Undersecretary Robert Work and Assistant Secretary of the Navy Jackalyne Pfannenstiel.
For more information, contact GOP senators:
• Sen. Blas Ph. 472-2527 /31/32 Email: email@example.com
• Sen. Yamashita Ph. 648-3474 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sen. Tony Ada Ph. 472-9681/2 Email: email@example.com
• Sen. Silva Taijeron Ph. 989-6878 /7678 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sen. Duenas Ph. 989-9944/55 Email: email@example.com
• Sen. Mabini Ph. 478-4726 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org