At Thursday afternoon’s news conference, Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero said that she was “very impressed” with the guidelines she received from island restaurant owners about the resumption of dining-in services.
Earlier this week, the governor said she had hoped to turn the guidelines over to the Department of Public Health and Social Services and lift the restrictions on sit-down dining at restaurants by Monday, Memorial Day.
But the governor said the spike in positive cases reported on May 20, Wednesday has put that plan on hold.
“As far as timelines, like I said, we will look at the next five days of the rolling average of data, and then we will make a decision at that time. So there will not be any lifting of restrictions this week. We want to look at our data, get more data, and we’ll go from there,” the governor said.
The governor said the guidelines for the resumption of sit-down dining at restaurants will be posted to the Public Health website once they’re finalized.