Guam – As of MONDAY, over 20,000 new advanced smart meters have been installed at customer homes and businesses.
APEX, the GPA contracted meter installation vendor, continues installing residential and small commercial new advanced digital meters in Dededo & Yigo. Installation appointments are ongoing in Mangilao, Barrigada and parts of Tamuning.
Customers in the areas listed are advised to please allow access to meter base locations e.g. locked gates, inaccessible meters etc. Customers can contact APEX to schedule meter installation at 1-855-437-7356 (menu directory with local operator).
• You’ll be sent a postcard to let you know work is beginning in your area.
• You will need to make sure there is 3-foot clearance around the meter.
• There will be only a brief power outage while meters are switched.
• You may need to reset some devices such as clocks.
• You do not have to be home when the meters are exchanged.
• The meter personnel may come more than once.
• Your next power bill will show usage from both old and new meters.
This Thursday, GPA will be conducting another village meeting in Sinajana at the Sinajana Community Center beginning at 6:30 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m.
Other village meetings are scheduled as follows and reminders will be sent to media:
1. 5 February 13 – Chalan Pago/Ordot;
2. 7 February 13 – Hagatna;
3. 19 February 13 – Agana Heights;
4. 21 Feb 13 Asan Maina
For more information on the Guam Power Authority’s Smart Energy Guam Initiative, please visit http://guampowerauthority.com/smart_energy_home.html