Guam – The Guam Power Authority is conducting another village meeting this Thursday evening at the Assumption of our Lady Catholic Church Social Hall in Piti.
GPA representatives will be speaking with residents about the advanced digital meter technology benefits, the installation process and will answer other questions customers may have about the Smart Energy Guam initiative.
“Our contractor, APEX, has installed nearly 27,000 meters in the field,” stated Joaquin C. Flores, P.E. GPA General Manager, “GPA will be in the village of Piti this Thursday on 28 Feb to speak with residents about the initiative – meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will end at 8:00 p.m.”
Other scheduled village meetings are as follows:
1. 5 March 2013 Village of Santa Rita at the Santa Rita Community Ctr. @ 6:30 p.m.;
2. 7 March 2013 Village of Agat at the Agat Senior Citizens Center @ 6:30 p.m.
Installation of the new advanced digital meter technology continues in Barrigada, areas of Mangilao in Pagat, Tai, UOG area and by Ladera Towers, parts of Yigo by the back entrance to Andersen Air Force Base for residential and small commercial customers.
Customers in the areas above are advised to please allow access to meter base locations e.g. locked gates, inaccessible meters etc. Customers can contact APEX to schedule meter installation at 1-855-437-7356 (menu directory with local operator).
• You’ll be sent a postcard to let you know work is beginning in your area;
• You will need to make sure there is 3-foot clearance around the meter;
• There will be only a brief power outage while meters are switched;
• You may need to reset some devices such as clocks;
• You do not have to be home when the meters are exchanged;
• The meter personnel may come more than once;
• Your next power bill will show usage from both old and new meters.
Learn More at: http://guampowerauthority.com/smart_energy_home.html