The Guam Power Authority has extended to April 13 its temporary suspension of accounts due to non-payment.
Customers who are behind on payments will still owe for power service received, but they will not be disconnected at this time, states a release from GPA.
“GPA is keeping the power on for our most vulnerable customers during this turbulent time. We are a resilient island community and will endure this crisis together,” assured GPA General Manager John M Benavente, P.E.
In compliance with Governor Leon Guerrero’s Executive Order 2020-06, all GPWA customer lobbies at Fadian, Julale and Upper Tumon remain closed, for in-person transactions until April 13, 2020.
“GPA is on the job and continues to address urgent customer requests, as best as possible, while abiding by the health protections mandated by the Governor and the medical community,” added Benavente.
1. Trouble Calls/Emergencies/Power Service Interruptions
For all power service interruptions and power emergencies, customers should all GPA’s 24/7 Trouble Dispatchers at 475-1472/3/4.
2. GPA Customer Service Call Center Services
Customer service representatives are available via telephone to discuss account information or to assist with payment arrangements. Please contact GPA Customer Service by calling 647-5787, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., via email at email@example.com, or by Direct Message (DM) on Facebook.
All customer communication is monitored and GPA will work with all customers on a case-by-case basis regarding their accounts.
To make a GPA payment over the phone, please contact GPA Pay By Phone at 647-5787 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., An automated via GPA’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) line at 648-3000 and/or 1(855) 977-2002 is available to receive phone payments after hours.
Applications and supporting documents for new power accounts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPA will prioritize processing of these requests on a case-by-case basis according to needs and resources.
3. GPA Permits and Inspections
Inspections for new power service and installations are temporarily suspended until further notice. Updated information will be provided.
4. Power Bill Payments/Disconnections
The temporary suspension of GPA account disconnections due to non-payment is extended to April 13, 2020.
Customers who are behind on payments will still owe for power service received, but they will not be disconnected at this time.
5. Payment Drop Box (checks only):
Gloria B. Nelson Public Service Building, 688 Route 15, Fadian, Mangilao; and the GPWA Upper Tumon location (behind GTA), 578 N. Marine Corps Drive. Check payments can be dropped off anytime.
6. Cash Payments:
Cash payments are accepted at:
• The GWA Upper Tumon drive-thru payment window
• Treasurer of Guam, ITC location
Customers should be aware that hours may be adjusted without notice, in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
7. GPA’s online services
GPA’s online services can help customers monitor their energy consumption and view their power account information details.
• Review or verify your account information and payment: paygpa.com, or the mobile GPWA app
• Monitor your household energy consumption: myenergyguam.com. Every customer can take charge and control their energy consumption.
Save energy at home during at this time:
- Practice Energy Conservation
• Individual residential power consumption is likely to increase with the temporary closure of schools, public areas, non-essential businesses, and telecommuting.
• April, May and June are the warmer months on Guam. Households typically increase their air conditioning use during these months, causing power consumption and bills to rise.
• Prudent energy conservation measures can reduce overall power consumption and prevent unmanageable power bills.
GPA is committed to limit the risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus for employees, customers and the general public; and to deliver reliable electric service for Guam.
# # #
Editor’s note: Customers, may view this information at guampowerauthority.com or on GPA’s Facebook page.