Guam – The Guam Police Department arrested on Saturday, June 8 a suspect involved in multiple burglary complaints within the Harmon and Tamuning area.
Officers from the Dededo Precinct Command noted the subject Nissan pickup traveling within the Dededo area and attempted to conduct a traffic stop. However, the operator of the Nissan pickup refused to comply and a pursuit ensued through the Dededo area.
Officers were able to end the pursuit within the Astumbo area after which the operator immediately fled on foot.
Officers were able to locate and detain the male operator, later identified to be Roke Mendiola Quintanilla Jr, 39 years old, on Chalan Tomates in Astumbo. Quintanilla was then transported to the Dededo Precinct where detectives assigned to GPD’s Criminal Investigation Division were activated to assume the investigation.
GPD’s preliminary investigation suggests that from January through June of 2019, five burglary complaints were reported within the Harmon and Tamuning area. The following businesses have been identified:
- January 11: Chang Chin Incorporated in Harmon, reported a burglary to the establishment.
- March 29: A Criminal Mischief/Theft of Property was filed by ERC Company in Tamuning. Officers noted a Nissan pickup was captured on surveillance footage.
- May 16: A burglary complaint was filed by Carrier Guam in Harmon. Officers noted a Nissan pickup was captured on surveillance footage.
- May 22: A burglary complaint was filed by Carrier Guam in Harmon. Officers noted a Nissan pickup was captured on surveillance footage.
- June 6: A burglary complaint was filed by the LG Store in Harmon. Officers noted a Nissan pickup was captured on surveillance footage.
During the course of each initial investigation, an all points bulletin (APB) had been issued on the Nissan pickup.
Quintanilla was transported to GPD Headquarters in Tiyan, where he was interviewed by detectives relative to the listed burglary and theft investigation.
He was later arrested and charged for the following offenses: burglary; criminal mischief; criminal facilitation; guilt established by complicity; criminal trespass; conspiracy; reckless driving; eluding a police officer; resisting arrest; assault; expired registration; no valid insurance; assault on a police officer and no valid driver’s license.
He was booked and confined. This case has been forwarded to the Office of the Attorney General for prosecution.