GTA has announced the official launch of its new GTA Youth Leader program for school year 2019-2020.
The aim of the program is to showcase young leaders that shine in sports, in the arts, and/or create positive change in their communities while excelling in academics.
Roland Certeza, GTA President and CEO, pointed out that digital technology is an excellent medium for the island’s youth influencers to promote positive behaviors and meaningful connections.
“We are excited to give our GTA Youth Leaders a platform to inspire others and create meaningful interactions with their peers, while living out our GTA brand,” Certeza said.
As role models in the community, GTA Youth leaders support GTA’s vision to inspire the island community and will be responsible for playing a vital role in promoting positive behaviors among Guam’s youth.
GTA is inviting all high school students to apply and avail of the benefits of becoming a GTA Youth Leader.
Eligibility are as follows:
* 3.5 Cumulative GPA;
* Excel in the arts, sports, or creating a positive change in their community or school; and
* Must be a Guam resident and enrolled in a local high school for the academic year 2019-2020.
Benefits are the following:
* Enjoy a complimentary GTA mobile phone service and a latest Android or iPhone for one full academic school year;
* Obtain a $2,000 tuition scholarship in a 529 acct. with ASC Trust; and
* 100,000 mileage points for SY 2019-2020 to compete in approved competitions in the arts, sports or academics.
To apply, send the following submissions to email@example.com :
* A 30-second video entry showing why you’d be a great GTA Youth Leader; and
* A letter of recommendation from an educator, coach or professional.
Deadline to apply is Sept. 30, 2019.