Events and activities are planned throughout the week.
Guam – Guam joins the rest of the nation in celebrating Law Day.
This year’s Law Day theme is Miranda: More than Words. This morning, May 1 was proclaimed as Law Day while April 25 to May 10 was proclaimed as Law Week. In celebration of Law Week, there is a list of activities and events designed to engage the community in celebration of the legal system, such as an open house tour of the Judiciary, mock trial plays performed by elementary and middle school students, a Law Fair, and a Student Island Leadership Day at the District Court.
Here are the other events for Law Week:
· Juror Appreciation Week beginning April 25 at the Judiciary and District Court;
· Proclamation & Resolution Presentation at the Judiciary on Tuesday, April 26;
· Presentation of the 9th annual Hustisia Award at the Judiciary on Tuesday, April 26;
· Open House Tours of the Judiciary from Tuesday, April 26 to Thursday, April 28;
· Mock trial plays performed by elementary and middle school students at the Judiciary from Tuesday, April 26 to Thursday, April 28;
· The Race Judicata 5K “Under Colors of Law” on Saturday, April 30;
· Law Fair at the Judiciary of Guam from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 30;
· Naturalization Ceremony at the District Court of Guam at 9:30 am on Monday, May 2;
· Supreme Court of Guam Appellate Outreach on Monday, May 2 at Okkodo High School;
· Tours of the District Court to schools and the general public on Monday, May 2;
· State of the Judiciary Address at the Guam Legislature on Monday, May 2;
· District Court Outreach Visit to schools on Wednesday, May 4 and Thursday, May 5;
· Student Island Leadership Day at the District Court on Friday, May 6; and
· Law Day Coloring, Art, Essay and Video Contests.