If you want to report any Guam Department of Education employee or member for official misconduct, whether it’s fraud, waste, or abuse of department resources, there is now a hotline to do so.
Guam – Guam Department of Education Superintendent Jon Fernandez announced that the Internal Audit Office established a hotline for GDOE employees and members of the community to report any GDOE official misconduct.
Fernandez says it’s important to provide an opportunity to register concerns regarding the use and abuse of taxpayer dollars. He explains that with each report, the internal audit division will respond to the concerns, investigate any reports and provide findings and recommendations for immediate action.Fernandez says this will also strengthen the internal audit by showing that the department values transparency, accountability, and responsibility.
According to a release from DOE, information submitted may be done anonymously, and all information provided through the hotline to the IAO will be held strictly confidential.
Anyone who wishes to submit a hotline tip or express a concern by:
- Calling the IAO Hotline at 300-1340
- Completing the hotline form in the IAO website at gdoeiao.weebly.com;
- Faxing sufficient and relevant information to 472-5001;
- Sending regular mail to Guam Department of Education, Internal Audit Office, 500 Mariner Avenue, Barrigada, GU 96913-1608; or
- Contacting any of the IAO staff by phone at 300-1336 or in person at GDOE.