Guam – Core Tech Foundation has announced the continuation of the 2013-2014 Scholarship Program.
The program was established to provide one or more annual grants to honor outstanding Guam public high schools students who are Guam residents and deserve notice or merit based on their achievements.
“We are happy to present our scholarship program for the second consecutive year and continue to encourage students to pursue post-secondary education at either GCC or UOG,” said Mr. Ho S. Eun, President of the Core Tech Foundation, Inc. “These awards align and support GDOE’s effort to prepare students to be college or career ready,” he further stated.
The Foundation will award up to ten (10) one year grants worth $2,500 each, for first-time, full-time, incoming students enrolled at GCC or UOG. To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must:
* Enroll as a full time student at GCC or UOG.
* Have at least a cumulative grade point average of 80%.
* Have attended Guam public schools continuously for at least three (3) years.
To apply for an award applicants must submit to their respective school principal by May 16, 2014 5:00 P.M. the following:
1. Completed Foundation Scholarship application form.
2. A 500 word essay regarding your educational goals.
3. A list of accomplishments, honors, awards, and achievements.
4. A list of your contributions, special work or activities for the benefit or betterment of the community.
5. A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, head of professional charitable or community organization, parish pastor, or school administrator.
6. Proof of submitted Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
“I would like to thank the Core Tech Foundation for providing this opportunity to assist our public school students with attending post-secondary education here on our island,” said Superintendent Jon Fernandez.
Application packets will be available at each of the public high schools on Monday April 7. Please ask your school administrator.