The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) has issued Guidance Memo 2020-11 Rev10 for additional guidance relative to Executive Order 2020-34.
As part of Guam’s ongoing effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, all individuals entering Guam by air or sea shall be subject to a 14-day quarantine.
Arriving passengers must first quarantine at a Government of Guam Quarantine Facility, unless the individual qualified for quarantine at an approved rental lodging or personal residence as authorized by DPHSS.
DPHSS Guidance Memo 2020-11 Rev10 includes the following updates:
- Day 6 Test for Transfer Option: Individuals in the Government of Guam Quarantine Facility may receive, subject to availability, a COVID-19 test on day 6 of quarantine administered by DPHSS or another provider designated by DPHSS. In the event the individual receives a negative result, the individual may transfer to quarantine at a rental lodging or personal residence to complete the remainder of their quarantine period. In the event the individual receives a positive result, the individual will be subject to isolation protocols established by DPHSS.
- Persons approved to transfer to quarantine at a rental lodging or personal residence must adhere to the following requirements:
- Must sign a new Voluntary Quarantine Acknowledgement form;
- Must provide:
- Their quarantine location address;
- A working phone number where they may be contacted; and
- A working email address;
- May only leave the quarantine location for medical emergencies and approved appointments;
- May not receive any visitors except for contactless delivery of food and supplies;
- Must adhere to symptom monitoring by the DPHSS; and
- Must report any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to DPHSS quarantine monitoring staff.
- Department of Defense (DoD) Affiliation protocols for Critical Service Workers (CSW), Essential Healthcare Professional (EHP), and Vessel Crew Members: In order to qualify as a CSW or EHP under this section, persons seeking CSW or EHP status based on affiliation with DoD operations must obtain an exception to applicable DoD quarantine policies in coordination with cognizant military authorities. Vessel crew working on Department of Defense (DoD) vessels are subject to the DoD quarantine guidance.
- Active Duty military and dependents, DoD civilians and dependents, and DoD contractors arriving by commercial air or sea are subject to the following requirements:
- Active Duty military and dependents, DoD civilians and dependents, and DoD contractors on the Joint Task Force listing at the point of entry will follow quarantine guidelines and restriction of movement as established by DoD.
- Active Duty military and dependents, DoD civilians and dependents, and DoD contractors who are not on the Joint Task Force listing at the point of entry will follow the arriving passengers protocols for the general public.
- Active Duty military and dependents, DoD civilians and dependents, and DoD contractors with any questions or concerns regarding applicable military regulations should contact the Naval Base Guam Emergency Operations Center at M-GU-NBG-EOC-BTLWTCH@fe.navy.mil or the Andersen Air Force Base Joint Reception Team at 36WG.JRT.ResponseSection@us.af.mil.
All travelers are encouraged to download the Guam COVID Alert application on their mobile device. Visit guamcovidalert.guam.gov for more information.
Government quarantine facilities, and all services included therein, are provided at no cost to travelers.
Compliance with voluntary quarantine regardless of location is subject to monitoring, verification, and enforcement. The knowing and intentional failure to follow any part of this order constitutes a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than one year or both (10 GCA, Chapter 19, §19604 (c) Cooperation).
(JIC Release No. 363)