Guam – The Guam Healthcare and Hospital Development Foundation Board of Directors elected 3 new members to its Board of Directors Wednesday night.
The new Directors were selected by the Foundation’s Nomination Committee and recommended all three nominees to become members of the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Unanimously elected last night to serve their first terms are:
· Mayor Melissa B. Savares: Mayor Savares is the Mayor of Dededo, the largest municipality on Guam. She is also currently serving her third term as President of the Mayor’s Counsel of Guam. A champion for the needs of the grassroots of Guam and being the Mayor of the municipality where the new private hospital is planned for development, Mayor Savares will foster greater discussion on the health care needs of the grassroots of our community.
· Margaret Hattori-Uchima: RN, MSN, PhD Candidate. Assistant Professor of Nursing and Division Chair for the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Guam. Has close to ten years of management experience in the field of Home Health Nursing, working in both the private and government sectors in California prior to moving back to Guam in 2000. Margaret has served as Vice Chairperson of the Guam Board of Nurse Examiners since July 2003 and is a candidate for a PhD from the Villanova University School of Nursing.
· Gina Y. Ramos: Chief of Staff, TakeCare Insurance. Gina has been responsible for overseeing health plan product designs, developing and managing the company’s provider network, and spearheading business development projects, in the service of nearly 25,000 TakeCare members in the U.S. Pacific Territory of Guam, including the U.S. Federal Government Health Insurance Program. Ms. Ramos has held senior management positions overseeing marketing, sales, revenue management and business development for the internationally renowned hospitality brands, Hilton Hotels (Guam and South Korea) and Outrigger Hotels (Guam). An active corporate citizen, she is also the Chairwoman of the Guam Community College Board of Trustees.
The Foundation board of directors also ratified and approved the election of the following Board members that have served previous terms:
· Peter R. Sgro, Jr. J.D…..President & Chairman, International Group, Inc.
· Katherine Calvo Sgro M.B.A…..Executive Vice-President & Chairman, Payless Markets, Inc.
· Roseann Jones PhD…..Professor of Economics with an emphasis on health care economics, University of Guam
· John Onedera CPA…..Partner, Ernst & Young
· Art Mesa…..A Vietnam Veteran who has lived on Guam for 37 years and was the SBA’s 2010 Veteran of the Year.
· Mary Torre…..President, Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association
· Hidenobu “George” Takagi…..President. Takagi & Associates
· Larry Lizama M.D…..Internal Medicine
· Kia Rahmani M.D…..General, Vascular and Oncologic Surgeon
· Thomas Shieh, M.D…..Fellow American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
· John Ray Taitano M.D. MSS FACP…..Internal Medicine
· David Silva, EMBA…. Aon Insurance Micronesia Risk Services Division Manager
· Lina Leon Guerrero: Earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Stanford University. Lina maintains over 20 years of experience in Health Planning and Hospital Planning.
· Frances Taitague-Mantanona. Masters in Health Administration and former Administrator Guam SDA Clinic
· Ernesto V. Espaldon, Jr. President, Sun Foods International dba Cold Stone Creamery
· Richard Lai An active member of Guam’s business community and a civic leader, serves as Vice-President of Shirley’s Coffee Shop and also serves as a Director of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
A new combination of officers of the Foundation were also elected by the Board last night which includes:
* Peter R. Sgro, Jr. J.D…..President & Board Chairman
* David Silva, EMBA……..Vice-President
* Frances Taitague-Mantanona M.H.A…..Secretary
* John Onedera CPA…..Treasurer
For more information about the Guam Healthcare and Hospital Development Foundation, call Peter Sgro at 688-7476 or David Silva at 777-2668.