Salary: $9.25 to $12.00 /hour
Sorensen Media Group is currently seeking a Video Editor to join our team. We are looking for someone extremely dependable, detailed, and committed to the success and growth of our organization.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Audition for basic audio editing.
The most important aspect of the job would be the ability to work and learn in fast-paced production environment. We need a process-oriented person with a keen attention to the details.
We are looking for a versatile video production specialist who is familiar with motion graphics and editing commercial content. You will report to our Creative Director as part a video production team, and will be tasked with creating videos for clients. The type of content can be videos using stock footage with motion graphics built entirely in After Effects, interviews inter-cut with B-Roll, infographic videos, as well as other video products. This position is primarily an in-office position, but it will also require field work.
This position is not a work remote position.
- Creating Motion Graphics in Adobe After Effects
- Editing Video, Audio, and Motion Graphics in Adobe Premiere
- Utilizing Photoshop when needed to alter images
- Utilizing our Project Management tool to track workflow
- Strict adherence to a file management structure
- On-location filming
- And other tasks as needed
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production or equivalent relevant work experience in the field is preferred.
- Sufficient research skills to solve problems on your own and the ability to find information that clients may not provide.
- Excellent visual and design aesthetic.
- Ability to be quick, nimble, and responsive to client needs.
- Ability to adhere to internal company processes designed for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to take criticism and critique of work and respond to clients requests.
- Willingness to be trained and mentored in many different advertising agency departments in order to understand how your work will be used for our clients.
- Experience within the automotive industry is welcomed but not necessary.
Video Production Skills:
- Must be capable of being a ‘one-man operation’ shooting video at a client’s location. Most setups are basic 3-point lighting, wireless mic, and a 4k camera. Also, will work as a part of a team on larger shoots, or shoots that require two or three camera setups. You will shoot, edit, deliver:
- Interview Style Videos, with B-Roll.
- Product showcase videos.
- Videos Geared toward Social Media, in 16×9, 1×1, 4×5, and 9×16 formats.
- As well as other videos geared toward marketing our clients in traditional and digital/social media. Comfortable working with DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras, and Professional Cameras. Helpful but not required:
- Green Screen filming and editing best practices.
- Image editing basics (Lightroom/Photoshop)
- Basic Graphic Design Layout
- Must be comfortable working on a PC or Mac