IT&E is challenging local musicians in Guam and the CNMI to channel their creativity into composing a song about IT&E and mobile technology to win up to $7,000 dollars in cash and prizes!
The telecommunications provider announced the launch of the IT&E Song Challenge, a song-writing contest that will produce IT&E’s next theme song. Residents of Guam and CNMI will also get a chance to choose their favorite by voting for People’s Choice.
“It’s important to us that our theme song represents not only IT&E, but also the community and people we serve. We’re excited to hear what our local musicians come up with for the IT&E Song Challenge and to provide a platform for them to really flex their talent and creativity,” said Jay Shedd, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing at IT&E.
Guam and CNMI residents 18 years old and over can enter and all music genres are welcome.
Lyrics must mention and promote IT&E and the song must include themes of technology, cell phones and its usage, as well as how IT&E benefits one’s life.
Entries will be judged based on universal appeal, originality, lyrics, melody, composition and relevance to theme, IT&E brand and IT&E products.
* IT&E’s Choice – IT&E will choose one song to be its official theme.
* People’s Choice – A panel of judges will choose the top 8 finalists. Residents of Guam and the CNMI will choose one winner from the top 8 finalists as the People’s Choice. Voting for People’s Choice will be held online from September 13 to 19, 2019.
* IT&E’s Choice – $1,000 cash prize and up to 4 phones (depending on the number of people in the group) and free SMS, voice and data service for a year. The winner will also be featured in a music video produced by IT&E and will get to perform at an IT&E sponsored event, to be announced at a later date.
* People’s Choice – $500 cash prize and $300 gift certificate for musical equipment. The People’s Choice winner will also get to perform at an IT&E sponsored event, to be announced at a later date.
How to enter
1. Go to www.ite.net.
2. Fill out the registration form.
3. Upload the full song of 5 minutes, a 60-second version and a 30-second version. Audio only. Each file must not be larger than 100 MB.
4. Last day for submission is August 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.