Preliminary Profiles of Confirmed Cases
To date, there are a total of 133 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 58 recoveries and 5 deaths.
Profiles of the 133 COVID-19 cases include two clinically diagnosed cases, reports of 11 confirmed positive cases received from the U.S. Naval Hospital that were tested by the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego, and four confirmed positive cases through DLS.
As this is an evolving situation, information is subject to change with little to no notice.
The Department of Public Health tested 33 individuals for COVID-19 on Saturday, April 11, 2020 with conclusive results. Two tested positive through DPHSS and 31 tested negative for SARS-CoV-2, with one additional case that was confirmed through Diagnostic Laboratory Services (DLS).
Because test results are reported from multiple labs at varying times of the day, the cumulative total from all labs, known at the time of release, will be reported on a nightly basis.
Updated results will be provided this evening, once all tests from today are completed.
The Division of Public Welfare Bureau of Management Support (BMS) and Bureau of Economic Security (BES) located at Castle Mall in Mangilao, Northern and Southern Public Health Offices within the Department of Public Health and Social Services will continue their program operations.
Offices, however, are closed to the public during this State of Public Health
The Bureau continues to implement the following to prevent the spread of
Documents may be submitted via:
● Drob Box available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is checked
hourly by staff
*Drop Box Locations:
■ Castle Mall in Mangilao (in front of Office #15)
■ Northern and Southern Public Health Facilities (at front entrances)
● New Email Address: PublicAssistance@dphss.guam.gov
Please ensure a good contact number and/or email address is provided on all documents.
For more information, contact the BMS at (671) 735-7344 or (671) 735-7256 or (671) 735-7375 or (671) 735-7519.
Work Programs Section (WPS):
● Recipients participating in the Job Opportunities and Basic Skills Program (JOBS) or
Guam Employment Training Program (GETP) are excused from participation until such
time the Governor’s Social Isolation Mandate is lifted.
● Participant Reimbursement Requests (PRR) for Transportation and/or Work-Related
Expenses for February 2020 (which was initially due no later than March 31, 2020) will
still be accepted once the social isolation mandate is lifted.
● Documents are still being accepted through the drop box or by email as indicated above.
● Appointments scheduled from March 16 to April 13, 2020 will be rescheduled. Your
assigned social worker or case manager will contact you at a later date.
Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Section
● All child care facilities are closed as per Executive Order No. 2020-05.
● Documents and applications are still being accepted through the drop box or by email.
● Child care payments certifications (calendars and certificates) are accepted through the
drop box or by email.
● Interviews are being conducted via phone for applicants applying for child care services.
Quality Control (QC)
Households that have been selected for QC review will be contacted via phone in lieu of a
Joint Information Center WhatsApp Inoperable
On April 11, the Joint Information Center (JIC) released information that it had added an
information service for the public through mobile app WhatsApp in an effort to provide simple, actionable guidance to the community. The automated service was meant to offer general tips and resources for users through their mobile phone.
As of April 12, the service became inoperable and is no longer available to the public. The
JIC is conducting a proof of concept and is working to have the account verified through
WhatsApp Business to improve and sustain this feature. More information will be provided once available.