Guam – The Joint Typhoon Warning Center [JTWC] in Honolulu has upgraded Tropical Depression 3W to a Tropical Storm.
It has not been given a name which is this part of the world is the responsibility of the Japanese meterorological agency and they have not yet named it.
According to the latest advisory from the JTWC:
* Tropical Storm 3W upgraded from Tropical Depression 3W
* Tropical Storm 3W located approximately 70 miles south of Andersen Air Force Base tracking northwest
* Warning position near 12.4N 144.4E
* movement past six hours – 315 degrees at 08 kts
* max sustained winds – 035 kt, gusts 045 kt