Guam – Majority Leader and Rules Chair Senator Rory J. Respicio, announces the following agenda items adopted in this afternoon’s Committee on Rules meeting.
Session is scheduled to begin Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM in the Speaker Antonio R. Unpingco Session Hall. The public is encouraged to tune in on MCV Channel 13 or GUdTV Channel 21.
1. Bill No. 250‐31 (COR) ‐ As Substituted by the Committee on Youth, Cultural Affairs, Procurement, General Government Operations and Public Broadcasting. (M. Silva Taijeron)
AN ACT RELATIVE TO THE INTERNAL HARD DRIVE MEMORY ON COMPUTERS AND DIGITAL COPIER MACHINES USED BY GOVERNMENT OF GUAM DPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES.
2. Bill No. 321‐31 (COR) ‐ As Amended by Committee on Youth, Cultural Affairs, Procurement, General Government Operations and Public Broadcasting.
(V.C. Ada, A.A. Yamashita Ph.D., F.F. Blas, Jr.)
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW §43120 TO CHAPTER 43 OF 5GCA RELATIVE TO PROHIBITING SECRET VOTING BY GOVERNMENT OF GUAM BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS.
3. Bill No. 378‐31 (COR) – By Chris M. Duenas
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW ITEM (i) TO § 62108 OF TITLE 21, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO REQUIRING THAT THE SUBDIVISION OF ANY LAND NOT RESULT IN THE LAND‐LOCKING OF ANY OTHER LAND.
4. Bill No. 380‐31 (COR) ‐ As Amended by the Committee on Youth, Cultural Affairs, Procurement, General Government Operations and Public Broadcasting (A.B. Palacios, Sr.)
AN ACT RELATIVE TO THE RELEASE OF WORKING ANIMALS FROM GOVERNMENT SERVICE, BY ADDING A NEW §22705 TO 5GCA.
5. Bill No. 387‐31 (COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on youth, cultural affairs, procurement, general government operations and public broadcasting. (Aline A. Yamashita, Ph.D.)
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW ITEM (J) TO SECTION 4403 OF ARTICLE 4, CHAPTER 4 OF TITLE 4, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED; AND TO AMEND ITEMS (A), (D) AND (E) OF SECTION 9301 AND TO AMEND ITEM (B) OF SECTION 9303 ALL OF ARTICLE 3, CHAPTER 9 OF TITLE 5, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE ADJUDICATION LAW TO INCLUDE A REVIEW BY THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION FOR PROPOSED PERSONNEL RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND TO FURTHER ENHANCE TRANSPARENCY BY REQUIRING THE ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING OF PROPOSED RULES AND REGULATIONS.
6. Bill No. 394‐31 (COR) – By Judith P. Guthertz, DPA
AN ACT TO AMEND §15102 OF ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 15, TITLE 22, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY.
7. Bill No. 402‐31 (LS) ‐ By Sam Mabini, Ph.D.
AN ACT TO AMEND §58110 (G), TITLE 12 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, CHAPTER 58, RELATIVE TO REQUIRING LOCALLY‐BASED, LOCALLY‐OWNED BUSINESSES AND SERVICES FOR QUALIFYING CERTIFICATES.
8. Bill No. 419‐31 (COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on Youth, Cultural Affairs, Procurement, General Governmental Operations and Public Broadcasting (B. J.F. Cruz)
AN ACT TO AMMEND § 5102, AND § 5103 OF CHAPTER 5 OF TITLE 4 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED; RELATIVE TO AN UPDATE AND REVISION OF APPROVED POLITICAL ACTIVITY BY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.
9. Bill No. 420‐31 (COR) – By Adolpho B. Palacios, Sr.
AN ACT TO AMEND SUBSECTIONS (j) AND (m) OF §3101, ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 3, TITLE 16 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO REQUIREMENTS FOR A GUAM DRIVER’S LICENSE.
10. Bill No. 421‐31 (LS) – By Dennis G. Rodriguez, Jr., Adolpho B. Palacios, Sr.
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION CARRY‐OVER PROVISIONS FOR THE GUAM FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR THE EXPENDITURE OF THE EXPIRED ENHANCED 911 EMERGENCY REPORTING SYSTEM FUNDS FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF CONDUCTING A 2012‐2013 FIRE SUPPRESSION AND EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT CYCLE, ALONG WITH
ANY OTHER USE PRESCRIBED IN PUBLIC LAW 25‐55.
11. Bill No. 434‐31(COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on Rules, Federal, Foreign & Micronesian Affairs and Human & Natural Resources (v.c. pangelinan)
AN ACT TO AMEND §1107 AND ADD SUBSECTIONS (c), (d), (e), AND (f) TO CHAPTER 1, 22 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO RESEARCH AND STATISTICS.
12. Bill No. 437‐31 (COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on Health & Human Services, Senior Citizens, Economic Development and Election Reform and Further Substituted by the Committee (J. P. Guthertz, DPA, Aline A. Yamashita, Ph.D., Rory J. Respicio, S. Mabini, A. B. Palacios, Sr., C. M. Duenas)
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE TAX CREDITS TO THE AWARDEE OF A CONTRACT FOR REHABILITATION AND RENOVATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
13. Bill No. 438‐31 (LS) ‐ By V. Anthony Ada
AN ACT ADD A NEW §5220 TO CHAPTER 5 OF 5GCA RELATIVE TO POSTING IFBs AND RFPs ONLINE.
14. Bill No. 458‐31 (COR) – By T. R. Muna Barnes
AN ACT TO REPEAL AND RE‐ENACT SECTION 4 OF PUBLIC LAW 31‐209, RELATIVE TO THE TRANSFER OF PARCELS IN THE SAGAN LINAHYAN SUBDIVISION, DEDEDO, GUAM.
15. Bill No. 463‐31 (COR) – By T. R Muña Barnes
AN ACT TO ADOPT THE GUAM HOUSING CORPORATION ADMINISTRATIVE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FIRST‐TIME HOMEOWNERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
1. Gayle, Andrew M. Jr. ‐ Member, Board of Directors, Guam Solid Waste Authority
2. Lotz, David T. ‐ Member (Planner), Guam Historic Preservation Review Board
3. Montinola, Peter B. ‐ Member, Public Utilities Commission
4. Suda, Cecile Bamba – Member, Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority Board
Committee reports for the above mentioned items can be found on the Guam Legislature’s website at www.guamlegislature.com.
For more information, please contact the Office of Senator Rory J. Respicio at 472‐7679.
UNSWORN DECLARATION: ‘I hereby declare that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, under penalty of
perjury of the laws of Guam, this declaration being sworn and made in lieu of an affidavit pursuant to Title 6 Guam Code Annotated §4308, at
the place and date identified herein.