Mobil Oil Guam issued a news release Sunday evening announcing a closure of one of their stations after an employee tested COVID-positive.
The company said one member of the service station employee at the Mobil Airport service station has tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday 23 August following local contact tracing by health authorities.
To which they’re now:
• Working closely with the local health authorities.
• Out of an abundance of caution, Mobil Airport station has been closed temporarily
on 23 August at 3pm, in order to undertake thorough deep cleaning. The affected
service station employee and other personnel who had any contact with the
affected person have been isolated and are placed on home quarantine.
• Our focus right now is on ensuring the safety and health of all service station
personnel and customers, and to do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 in
• We would like to assure our customers that we have in place a pandemic
readiness action plan with precautionary measures to protect the health of our
employees and customers. These measures include the mandatory wearing of
face masks by customers and station personnel, separator panel from cashier,
regular cleaning of facilities/ equipment, and having hand sanitizers and hand
washing facilities available at all stations.
• This is an isolated case at Mobil Airport service station at 101 CHALAN PASAHERU, Tamuning, 96913, Guam. Our other Mobil stations are not affected and we will continue providing essential fuel supplies to the community with safety as our prime consideration.
Mobil Oil Guam Inc.
(News Release issued by Mobil Oil Guam Inc.)