Moderate to heavy showers are expected to produce minor flooding of roads, low-lying areas and other poor-drainage areas. Through today, it is expected to be mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Numerous locally heavy showers are expected this morning.
Residents and visitors are advised to take the following precautionary actions:
· Avoid driving on flooded roads;
· If driving, be alert for low visibilities and slippery roads in heavy rain;
· Slow down where water is ponding on the road;
· Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away;
· Avoid camping, parking, or hiking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning;
· Visit https://www.ready.gov/floods to learn more.
The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) remind the community to practice caution while traveling in rainy conditions, driving below the speed limit and allowing enough braking distance between vehicles.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
· NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
· NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
· GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at email@example.com.