UPDATE: Here’s the latest information on what’s open and what’s closed for Monday, Sept. 10, 2018.
- Personal Finance Center locations in Tamuning and Dededo will be closed Monday, September 10, due to the storm.
- All First Hawaiian Bank Branches on Guam and Saipan will be closed on Monday, September 10 due to the threat of Typhoon Mangkhut. The branches will reopen once it has been deemed safe to do so.Guam Branches:Dededo – Compadres Mall, 562 Harmon Loop R<x-apple-data-detectors://4>
oadMaite – 400 Route 8<x-apple-data-detectors://5>
Tamuning – 645 Route 1 South Marine Corps Drive<x-apple-data-detectors:/
Gualo Rai – Gualo Rai Commercial Center, Middle Road
Oleai – Oleai Center, Beach Road, Chalan Laulau
- Bank of Hawaii has announced that it will be closing
all branch operations on Guam and Saipan due to Typhoon Mangkhut on Monday, Sept. 10 (GST). Call Center operations, based in Kapolei, Oahu, remain open to assist customers. Online and mobile banking services will continue to operate unless power interruptions are experienced. Bank of Hawaii will also place public updates on all of its social media platforms (Facebook : www.facebook.com/bankofhawaii, Instagram: www.instagram.com/bankofhawaii and Twitter: www.twitter.com/bankofhawaii), as well as its website: www.boh.com. Bank of Hawaii will continue to assess the status of our Guam and Saipan branches, and will update the public on branch closures and reopenings as Typhoon Mangkhut continues on its path.
- At approximately 4:00 AM, Guam was placed in Condition of Readiness (COR) 1 by Governor Eddie Calvo. Guam Regional Medical City (GRMC) has suspended all visiting hours and cancelled all outpatient elective surgeries until further notice. All expectant mothers currently at GRMC will remain in the hospital for the duration of Typhoon
Mangkhut, until it is determined to be safe for them to return to their homes.
Rescheduling of all appointments will take place once Guam has been declared in COR 4.
- SENIOR CENTERS
Adult Day Care, Case Management Services, In-Home Services, Legal Assistance Services, Senior Citizens Centers, Transportation Services, Congregate Nutrition Services, National Family Caregiver Support Program and Preventive Health Services are closed. They will remain suspended until we return to COR 4.
- American Medical Center will be closed today and will re-open once we are back in COR4.
- The Judiciary of Guam today announced that at the direction of the Chief Justice of the
Supreme Court, the Administrator of the Courts has ordered the closure of the Guam
Judicial Center and the Northern Court Satellite. All Judiciary employees are directed to prepare for the impending storm and monitor all court management and public communication channels on when to return to duty in Hagatna and Dededo.
Due to the closure of the Judiciary in anticipation of typhoon conditions, all hearings, jury trials, and jury selection proceedings will be rescheduled. Magistrate Hearings will be held at the earliest opportunity following the declaration of Condition of Readiness 4 (COR4)- All Clear by the Governor of Guam. Jurors do not have to appear at the courthouse on Monday but should check the jury recording system after 5:00pm after the All Clear is declared for Guam for their next jury instructions. Any court filings due while the court is closed, shall be deemed timely filed if filed when the court opens for regular business. Also, the Guam Law Library and the Judicial Education Center are closed and will re-open for normal operations at the direction of the Chief Justice.
Additionally, Monday’s scheduled 2018 Constitution Week Proclamation Signing
Ceremony and Tuesday’s performance of the Guam Territorial Band at the Guam Judicial
Center has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
- Guam Regional Transit Authority bus services will not be operational today, Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 until further notice.
- ISLANDWIDE POWER SYSTEM OPERATIONS DURING STORMS/TYPHOONS
GPA AND GWA customer service operations are closed today.
The Guam Power Authority will maintain service operations during storms/typhoon as long as it is capable and safe to do so on the Island Wide Power System.
This includes responding to trouble calls regarding interruptions of service or power outages received through GPA Trouble Dispatch lines.
Power plants will continue generating power throughout the island as long as the IWPS remains intact and circuits are operable. As circuits begin experiencing damage related to adverse weather or field conditions, generators will be secured.
GPA field crews will secure at such times for the protection and safety of all personnel. See downed overhead lines? Stay away and call GPA Trouble Dispatch at 475-1472/3 or 4.
GUAM WATER AUTHORITY
If you experience low to no water pressure, please call their hotline: 646-4211
Here’s a list of what’s open and what’s closed on Guam for Sunday, Sept. 9 and Monday, Sept. 10:
– All Government of Guam offices, with the exception of essential services and personnel, will be closed when Condition of Readiness 2 is declared (this is anticipated at 7 p.m. Sunday.) This includes the University of Guam and Guam Community College.
– Healthcare Centers:
- Guam Memorial Hospital Authority will be prepared to receive pregnant mothers at 7 p.m.
- Guam Regional Medical City will suspend all visiting hours once the island is placed in Condition of Readiness 2 (COR 2). All admitted patients may have one (1) patient watcher per patient. Patient watchers must obtain an approved emergency patient watcher permit from Customer Relations in the Main Lobby. All other visitors shall be asked to leave the hospital. Read more here.
- TakeCare admin operations on Guam/Saipan and FHP Health Center will be closing tonight, Sunday, 9/9/2018 at 7pm. All Call Center operations will also be closing as well. Our MRO office in the Philippines will remain open only to service members who are currently in the PI on referrals. We will remain closed until the all clear is given after the storm passes.
- Seventh Day Adventist Clinic – Closed on Monday
*Patients with appointments are advised to contact their clinic directly.
- The Department of Public Health and Social Services would like to announce that the Southern Regional Community Health Center will open at COR 2 and for the duration of the storm for non-emergency cases. The limited services that will be provided can be found here.
– War in the Pacific National Historical Park – will close once COR 2 is announced.
– Bank of Guam – All Rota and Guam branches will close on Monday until COR 4 is announced and conditions are safe. Exposed BOG ATMs will be offline beginning Sunday night. Indoor ATMs are not affected as well as merchant services. Our Customer Contact Center will remain available until midnighttonight.
– Coast360 ATMs that are outdoors and exposed to weather conditions, such as the Maite drive thru, Dededo and Tamuning. All others will remain online.
– Two Lovers Point – Closed at the declaration of COR 2.
– Shopping locations:
Guam Premier Outlets – Open until COR 1 is announced
Tumon Sands Plaza – Open until COR 1 is announced
Agana Shopping Center – Open until COR 1 is announced
Shoppette and Gas Express in Barrigada – Closed at 5 p.m. today
– Grocery Stores:
7-Day Supermarket: Regular hours on Monday
Pay-Less locations: Will maintain regular store hours as weather permits
Cost-U-Less – Open until midnight.
– Solid Waste and Trash Service
Transfer Stations – The Guam Solid Waste Authority residential transfer stations are open until 5 p.m. Island residents may experience a disruption in services as all GSWA operations will cease in the event that COR 1 is declared. GSWA facilities, customer service, operations, landfill, and transfer stations will resume during normal hours on the next business day, following a COR 4 announcement. Customers can call 646-3111 for more information.