GEC Files “Notice of Removal” to Have Election Lawsuit Heard in District Court, Only

142

Guam – Guam Election Commission Attorney Cesar Cabot today [Tuesday] filed a “Notice of Removal” in U.S. District Court which is meant to confine the hearing on the election lawsuit filed by the Gutierrez-Aguon team to District Court only.

Last month, the Gutierrez-Aguon team filed nearly identical lawsuits in both Superior and District Courts.

Read the Notice of Removal

The first hearing on the case is scheduled for tomorrow [Wednesday] before Superior Court Judge Vern Perez.

However, Attorney Cabot told PNC News today that the Notice of Removal is  “automatic,” assuming that proper procedure has been followed.

Cabot says that the Gutierrez lawsuit raises Federal questions which are best decided in Federal Court.